Dell Alienware 15 Setup and Specifications
Alienware 15 is a gaming laptop. It provides the perfect balance between power and portability. It is constructed with premium materials to ensure an overall higher quality build. It provides higher maximum thermal design power support. It lets the system handle a higher wattage for internal components. It comes with an effective speaker box that offers a dramatic gaming experience. The display comes with an anti-glare finish that makes sure that nothing hinders the gaming experience. Get Guidance from our Support Team for Dell Alienware 15 Setup and Configuration.
- 15.6 inch display
- Lithium-ion battery
- Windows 10 Home
- 250 GB SSD and One TB SATA storage
Tech – Specifications
It comes with 8 GB RAM and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB Graphics
Intel Core i7-7700HQ (Quad-core,up to 3.8GHZ 2/turbo boost)
It is powered by a lithium-ion battery that can offer up to 11 hours of battery life.
It provides 15.6 inch FHD with a resolution of 1920 X 1080 with Anti-Glare 400 its NVIDIA enabled.
Laptop Configuration Support
Installing drivers is a pertinent step that helps you get the most out of your Alienware. You can download the drivers for Alienware from this website. For Windows, you driver installer files will be in .exe format. Before the download begins, you will be asked to choose Run, Open or Save. Choose Save. Once the download completes, launch the driver and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.Driver
The user guide or manual is an important document that guides you on how to use your Alienware 15 laptop. The user guide uses clear and ambiguous language to make sure that pertinent information is available for quick and easy reference. It provides illustrated description of various parts of the laptop and their function. It usually provides Alienware 15 setup instructions before using the laptop as well as measures to troubleshoot any errors that might occur.
Support for Alienware 15 Laptop Top Issues
Alienware 15 Support for OS Issues
The Alienware 15 might have some issues, after upgrading to Windows 10. If your system is constantly restarting in a loop to a black screen, then you need to restart your system, begin tapping F2 when the Alienware logo appears. In the BIOS navigate to the BOOT tab. Navigate down and highlight Secure Boot. Press the Enter key and choose Disabled. Press the F10 key to save and exit. This should resolve the issue.
Alienware 15 Laptop Optimization
To change the resolution in Windows 10, exit all open programs. Open Control Panel and then open Appearance and Personalization. Open Display and then open the Display Settings link. Choose the monitor you wish to modify if more than one is tethered to your PC. Choose Advanced Display Settings Select the resolution drop down box to see a list of recommended resolution for the display. Select the one you prefer, to modify the screen resolution, and then select Apply for Alienware 15 Setup. Choose Keep changes, to keep the new configuration. If not choose Revert. You can also change the Color Depth and Refresh rate if required.
Slow running of Alienware Laptops 15
- Your Alienware laptop might be running slow due to the number of programs and ad-ons you might have installed on your Alienware 15 r3.
- To fix this issue, you can uninstall programs that you never use, restart the computer regularly to prevent the computer from slowing down.
- You can also try running fewer programs and defragment the computer’s hard drive to resolve the issue.
- If this does not help, you can check for viruses and spyware to make sure they are not causing the computer’s slow performance.
Firewall and Proxy Related Issues
- At times, a particular program or game may not be able to communicate with the internet from your Alienware 15 r3.
- This might be a firewall issue. The firewall might be preventing that particular program/game to communicate with the Internet.
- To avoid this, go to your firewall settings and allow the program/game to access the internet. Make sure the program/game is trustworthy so as to prevent virus and malware attacks while Alienware 15 Setup.
- At times, your internet connection’s proxy settings might also disable a program or game to access the internet. Modify any such settings to let the trustworthy program/game to access the internet.
Gaming Installation issues on Alienware 15
Compatibility issues might prevent you from launching your game or getting the optimal experience. Make sure that your game is compatible with the operating system and your laptop. Some games might not be compatible with older operating systems and some old games may not be compatible with newer operating systems. If your Alienware 15 setup does not meet the minimum requirements for playing the game, then it might not launch/install. Make sure that the graphics requirements of the game are met by your AlienWare 15 r3. Another crucial factor that might hinder installing your game is the lack of space on your hard drive for installing the game.
Gamming Update Issues on Alienware 15
If you are unable to play a particular game after an OS upgrade, make sure that the game is compatible with the OS version you are currently using. In the same fashion, if you have updated a game, make sure that the game requirements and settings are assigned correctly. If your NVIDIA Driver fails to install after the Windows 10 upgrade, it might be because the previous video driver was most probably not uninstalled and is creating a conflict with the new version. To resolve this uninstall the old Nvidia driver and download and install the latest driver manually or through Windows. Make sure the graphics driver is updated to get the best out of the Alienware 15 r3 review.
Game Playing Issues on Alienware Laptops
Most games come with a graphics menu feature that can be opened from within the game. Modifying these features can produce a significant change in which the game is rendered. Some of the common features that are tweaked to render a better gaming experience are shadow effects, reflection effects, ambient occlusion, motion blur, and depth of field. If your Alienware 15 setup GPU manufacturer offers apps that can create an optimal settings profile for the games installed depending upon your laptop’s capability. This lets you get the best possible combination of performance and quality.
Antivirus Installation and Removal
Common signs of possible virus attacks include the slow performance, unexpected pops up and programs that launch automatically. To remove the virus, you need to install an antivirus program. The software helps in detecting and removing threats. You need to keep your antivirus tool constantly updated and schedule regular scans to give your PC the best chance of avoiding viruses.
Games not Responding Issues on Alienware15
- Make sure that the game is compatible with the operating system version you are using by the game producer.
- Make sure that the minimum system requirement specified by the game producer for the title is met by your Alienware 15 Setup.
- Tweak the graphics settings of the game to check if that delivers expected performance and quality.
- Make sure that the graphics driver is updated and is functioning properly.
Support for Alienware m15x Laptops
- If your computer is performing slower than usual, constantly crashing, and you notice unexplained or unusual behavior while operating software programs, your computer might be affected by a virus or malware. Running a virus and malware scan might be able to fix this.
- If you are unable to launch your game or the game crashes, then check if the game is compatible with your operating system version. Make sure that your Alienware 15 Setup meets the minimum system requirement to play the game.
- If your game is unable to access the internet, make sure that your firewall offers the game access. Ensure that the game is trustworthy, before giving it access. Similarly, check if the proxy settings are configured properly to allow access to the internet.
- If your system produces distorted sound or loses audio intermittently or fully after the Windows 10 upgrade, you need to uninstall the existing audio driver and downloading and installing the latest driver or by simply running Windows updates.
Alienware Setup and Configuration Issues
Connect the power code adapter to the Alienware 15 laptop and press the power button. Windows will aske you to assign your preferences and offer you the chance to agree or disagree to the terms and conditions. Once you complete the initial setup, you will be taken to the windows desktop. You can configure the Macro keys in your Alienware 15 r3 review. Select the Alienware 15 Setup TractX menu, you will notice that there are different groups of macro keys depending on your model. There are five kinds of actions that you can assign to the keys, they are a direct key substitute, a micro key that stores mouse path, time and keyboard inputs, a shortcut, advanced shortcut and an automatic text block. Make sure that the system is configured for optimal performance.
Driver Installation or Repair Issues with Alienware
If you are going to reinstall Windows from scratch, you can use Alienware Respawn to restore your systems factory software. Alienware Respawn is a tool that is preinstalled on all Alienware computers. It helps to backup and recover information safely and protects it from data loss. It helps to restore the Alienware 15 Setup review to the original factory settings.