- Audio & Sound Problems Solution
Fixed: Audio and Sound problems while Docked
- Audio or sound problems while docked or no audio after connecting the laptop device to the external monitor (docking station) are the common issues faced by most of the users while using the docking station for the first time. This is a simple issue that can be solved easily. Before trying the advanced methods to solve this audio and sound problems while Docked, check some of the suggestions discussed below.
- First, check if your Windows computer is up-to-date.
- If you haven’t installed the latest Windows update, update it first, and then check if the issue is solved.
- Make sure that the cable is connected securely between the ends.
- If not, tighten the cable.
- Check if the power cable of the speaker is connected securely.
- If the speaker is turned off, turn it ON, and then check if you can hear the audio.
- If the audio and sound problems while docking remains unresolved, try some of the possible quick fixes discussed below.
Method 1: Run Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter
- The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter will help you to check if the hardware is installed correctly on your Windows computer. If the hardware is not installed correctly, this troubleshooter will detect it and help you to perform the required steps to solve the audio and sound problems while docked issue.
- Begin the process by clicking the Start menu.
- Select the Control Panel option.
- On the Control Panel screen, search for the Troubleshooting option and select it.
- If you can’t find it, select the Large icon option from the View by drop-down menu.
- Now, go to the Hardware and Sound section.
- Click the Configure a Device command line, followed by the Next button.
- Now, the troubleshooter will start to detect the issue.
- Once it is done, perform the instructions suggested by the troubleshooter to solve this issue.
- After that, check if the audio and sound problem while docked is solved.
- If not, try the next quick fix method discussed below.
Method 2: Update the USB & Audio Drivers
- If your computer’s audio driver is outdated, then there is a chance for this issue to occur.
- Click the Start menu.
- Select the Device Manager option.
- On the Device Manager screen, locate and expand the Sound, video, and game controllers option.
- Select the Sound card option and right-click on it.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait for the sound card uninstallation process to complete.
- Once it is completed, download and install the latest sound card on your Windows computer.
- If the audio and sound problems while Docked persists, contact us.