- Docking Station Charging Issues
Fixed: Charging Issues While Docked
If your laptop or notebook doesn’t get charged while it is connected to a docking station, it is really annoying. Yes, of course, your laptop has to be charged when it is connected to a docking station, otherwise, your entire work may halt.
The charging issues while docked troubleshooting steps given here will help you to solve the issue.
Perform these checks and steps one-by-one.
- Check whether the laptop is connected to the docking station perfectly.
- If there seems to be no issue with the connection between the laptop and the docking station, then remove the laptop from the docking station.
- Connect the power adapter of the laptop directly to the power supply and check whether it charges. If the laptop charges, then there is no issue with the laptop. But, if the laptop doesn’t charge, then check whether the LED on the power adapter is lit.
- If the LED on the power adapter is lit, then you might want to update the BIOS on your laptop. You can refer to your laptop’s manual for the instructions for the BIOS update.
- If the LED on the power adapter does not glow, then make use of another recommended power adapter and check whether the laptop charges.
- Similarly, connect the power adapter of your docking station and check whether it turns on.
- If you have other USB devices plugged into the docking station, then remove those devices and check whether your laptop charges. If yes, then connect those USC devices to a USB hub and then connect the hub to the docking station. This may avoid the laptop charging issues in the future.
- One more factor causing the issue is the type of connection between the laptop and the docking station. If your laptop is not connected to the docking station using a USB cable, then this is not for you. You may avoid this.
- The USB A-B connections do not supply power to the laptops. Only the USB C-C connections are capable of charging the laptops when connected. So, if your laptop is connected to the docking station using the USB A or USB B port, then it won’t charge, and you have to connect its power adapter to charge it. The charging issues while Docked successfully fixed.