Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Support
Quick steps for Dell Inspiron 13.3 touchscreen laptop setup
- Initially, make sure that you have unpacked the laptop completely.
- Now, get the power adapter that is provided with the laptop.
- Connect the adapter between the laptop and an AC outlet.
- Leave the laptop to charge for some time.
- After charging the laptop, turn it ON by pressing the Power button on its control panel.
- Once your Dell laptop turns ON, set the basic preferences by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- When prompted, enable the Security and Dell Update feature, connect your laptop to a wireless network, and sign in to your Microsoft account. If you don’t have a Microsoft account, create a new Microsoft account with the help of the prompts displayed on the screen.
About Dell Inspiron 13.3 Touchscreen Laptop
The Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop comes with a 2-in-1 feature. Based on your needs, you can use this device as a laptop or tablet. It is compatible with Windows (10, 8, & 7) and Ubuntu operating systems. To know more about the features of this laptop, scroll down this page.
Dell Inspiron 13.3” Laptop Features
The Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop comes with a widescreen display (13.3-inch FHD) and 256 GB hard drive capacity. You can use either the keyboard or the touchpad as the input mode. The interfaces supported by this laptop are, USB 3.0, HDMI, USB-C, USB 2.0, and a memory card reader slot.
Review: Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop
This is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop that comes with a built-in HD webcam and memory card reader. Wi-Fi, USB, and Bluetooth 4.0 are the connectivity options offered by this laptop. Other features to be mentioned are the MaxxAudio Pro sound technology, a backlit keyboard, and a three-cell Lithium-ion battery.
Dell Inspiron 13.3 Touchscreen Laptop Driver Support
Dell offers a wide variety of drivers for its laptops. The drivers available for the Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop are listed below:
- Dell Help and Support application
- Intel wireless display application
- Dell Quickset application
- Dell update application
- Dell Update application, and more.
Based on your needs, you can download and install the driver on your Dell laptop.
Step-by-step instructions to download the Dell Inspiron laptop driver from its official site
- Visit the official site of the Dell laptops.
- Choose the Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop.
- Click the DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS tab.
- If required, select your OS (Windows 10) type from the drop-down menu.
- Similarly, based on your need, select the driver type, category, and driver format from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Now, based on your preferences, the available drivers will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the driver you want and click the Download icon beside it.
- Now, the selected driver will be downloaded.
- Not all the Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop series are compatible with the Mac operating system.
- Only some series like Dell Inspiron 13.3” 7373, 5379 are compatible with the Mac OS.
- Before downloading the driver for Mac, check whether your Dell laptop is compatible with the Mac OS. If yes, perform the following instructions to download the driver file.
- Visit the Dell laptop’s official site.
- Choose your Dell laptop model.
- Click the Drivers & Download tab and choose the driver that you wish to install on your laptop.
- If your Dell laptop model is not compatible with the Mac OS, then choose either Windows or Ubuntu and install it on your laptop.
Install the Dell Firmware Update to get the latest features. The Dell Update application automatically updates critical fixes and important device drivers on your laptop.
So, while installing the Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop driver on your device, make sure to install the Dell Firmware Update driver and the Dell Update application.
Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touch Screen Laptop FAQ’s
The section below explains how to resolve the common Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop issues. If you need remote assistance in resolving the laptop issue, contact us.
Fixed: Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touch Screen Laptop not Working
If your Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop is not working or has stopped responding, then you have reached the right web page to resolve it.
Steps to resolve the laptop not working issue
- If your laptop stops responding unexpectedly, then first turn it OFF and let it be turned off for at least 15 seconds.
- Disconnect all the peripheral devices connected to the laptop.
- Now, turn on the laptop.
- If the laptop turns ON successfully, then install and run the SupportAssist tool on your laptop.
- If required, run the system maintenance on your laptop.
- After fixing the laptop not working issue, reconnect all the peripheral devices to the laptop.
- If the laptop doesn’t turn ON or if it is stuck on the Dell Logo Screen, then perform a hard reset.
- Hard reset:
- Shut down your Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop.
- Unplug all the external devices from the laptop. Make sure to remove the battery from your laptop.
- Now, hold down the Power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Later, connect the laptop to an AC outlet and charge it for a while.
- Turn on the laptop. Check whether the issue is resolved.
- If not, contact the Dell manufacturer or your laptop dealer to resolve it.
Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touch Screen Laptop Not Charging
Steps to resolve the laptop not charging issue
- First, make sure that the power cord is connected securely between the laptop and the AC outlet.
- Check if the power cord is damaged. If yes, replace it with a new one.
- Make sure that your AC outlet is working.
- Check if your laptop’s battery is damaged. To check it, follow the below instructions.
- Remove the battery from your laptop.
- Now, connect the laptop directly to the AC outlet and turn it on.
- If the Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop turns on successfully without the battery, then it means the battery has been damaged.
- Replace your laptop’s damaged battery with a new one.
Fix Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touch Screen Laptop Not Turning On
- Five easy steps to resolve the laptop not turning ON issue
- Initially, make sure that your Dell laptop contains enough battery charge.
- Check if there is any beep sound on your laptop. If yes, count the number of beep codes. Based on the number of codes, the cause for this issue varies.
- For example, if you hear a single beep, then it means the BIOS ROM checksum in progress or failure.
- To know more about the beeping codes and its causes, contact us.
- If there is no beep sound from your Dell laptop, then perform the quick steps given below to resolve the Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touch Screen laptop not turning ON issue.
- First, unplug all the external devices connected to your laptop.
- Make sure to remove the AC adapter.
- Now, hold down the Power button for 15 seconds.
- After doing it, reconnect the power adapter to the laptop and charge it.
- Press the Power button.
- Now, your Dell laptop will turn ON.
Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touch Screen Laptop Reset
Resetting the Dell Inspiron 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop to the default settings
- Turn on your Dell laptop. If it is already turned ON, navigate to its Login screen.
- Make sure that the Login screen is displayed on your laptop.
- Now, press and hold your laptop’s Shift button.
- On the login screen, locate and click the Power icon while holding down the Shift button.
- Now, select the Restart option from the pop-up menu.
- Make sure not to release the Shift button until the Choose an option screen appears.
- On this screen, select the Troubleshoot option.
- Choose Reset This PC > Restore Factory > Reboot Everything.
- Make sure that your Dell laptop is connected to the AC outlet because the reset process may take a while to complete.
- Once the reset has been completed, follow the prompts displayed on the screen to re-configure the settings.
Dell Inspiron 13.3” Laptop External Drive Not Working
- First, make sure that the connected external device is recognized by your Dell laptop.
- Check if you have connected the hard drive that is compatible with your Dell laptop.
- If not, connect a compatible one.
- Check whether the USB cable is connected securely. If not, unplug and reconnect the cable properly.
- Avoid using the cable that is damaged.
- Disconnect the drive and restart the laptop.
- After restarting the laptop, reconnect the drive and try to access it.
If the Dell Inspiron 13.3” touchscreen laptop external hard drive not working issue persists, then contact us.