ABOUT DELL VENUE PRO 5056 LAPTOP
Dell Venue Pro 5056 is a 2-in-1 device that allows you to use it as a laptop or tablet by switching between the built-in modes. Other than these modes, you can also use this laptop in Stand mode and Tent mode.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 FEATURES
The Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop comes with a wide range of features. Some of them are listed below:
- Power & battery-charge status light.
- Microphone port.
- Front & Rear camera.
- Volume-control buttons.
- USB 3.0 port.
- Micro-SIM card slot.
- Windows button.
- Camera-status light.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 SPECS
The Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop comes with a 1.4 GHz Intel Atom Z8500 processor and runs on the Windows (8 & 10) operating system. The maximum memory capacity (RAM) is 4GB and the drive capacity is 128GB. This laptop supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The detailed procedure for the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 setup is discussed below.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 SETUP
- Get the AC adapter and the USB to USB-C cable provided with the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop.
- Connect the laptop to a power outlet using the AC adapter.
- Leave the laptop battery to be charged for some time.
- After charging the laptop, hold down its Power button for three to five seconds.
- Once the Windows logo appears on the screen, your laptop is ready for the setup.
- First, choose your Region and Language from the pull-down menu.
- Similarly, select the desired app language, keyboard layout, and time zone from the pull-down menu.
- After choosing the basic settings, click or touch the Next button.
- Now, you’ll be prompted to accept the Microsoft Windows License Terms. Click/touch the I Accept button.
- After accepting the license terms, enter your email address to set up Dell Updates.
- On the next screen, enter your personalized name.
- Similarly, configure your laptop as per your desire.
- Once the setup is completed, you can use your Dell Venue 10 Pro 506 laptop as per your needs.
For the laptop to function effectively, it is important to install the necessary driver on it. Some of the drivers recommended for the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop are:
- Dell/Alienware Digital Delivery application
- Dell Update application
- Intel Chipset driver
- Dell Encryption
- Dell Data Protection
- Realtek USB Audio Driver
- Active Pen Control Panel
- Navigate to the official Dell site.
- Search and select the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop.
- Click the DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS tab.
- If required, choose your OS from the drop-down menu.
- Select the driver that you wish to install from the suggested list.
- Now, the selected driver will be downloaded on your laptop.
The Intel Wireless Display Utility provides the necessary updates that help in improving the touchscreen experience of your laptop. You can download this utility from the official support site of Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056. You can refer to the previous section to know how to download the driver for Dell Venue 10 Pro.
- Visit the official support site of Dell laptops.
- Select the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop.
- Click the DOCUMENTATION tab.
- Choose the required manual and click the Download icon beside it.
- The manual will be downloaded as a PDF file.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 FAQ’S
It is quite common for anyone to encounter issues while using electronic gadgets. This page explains how to resolve the common issues that occur on the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop. If you need remote assistance on the same, click the CALL button.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 BIOS UPDATE
BIOS is a firmware that helps you to control your Dell laptop’s hardware. Before you update the BIOS firmware, make sure to enable BitLocker on your laptop.
- Download the latest BIOS firmware from your Dell’s official support page.
- After downloading the firmware, double-click on it.
- As soon as you do it, your laptop will automatically restart.
- The BIOS update process will be performed during the system startup.
- Once the BIOS update process has been completed, your laptop will restart again.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 MEMORY UPGRADE
Generally, the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop comes with 4GB RAM and 128 GB storage capacity. If you need more memory space, then you can upgrade it using external storage devices. Dell recommends some storage devices for the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop. Based on your needs, purchase the storage device from Dell’s official support site. Some third-party sites like Aliexpress also offer external storage devices for Dell laptops. Visit the site and purchase the required external storage device.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 CONNECT TO WIFI
Step 1: Locate the laptop your wireless router
- Place your Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop within the range of your wireless router or modem.
- Make sure that no other device is blocking the wireless connection between the router and your laptop.
Step 2: Enable Wi-Fi
- First, access the charms bar on your laptop.
- Click or tap the Settings (gear icon) option.
- Select the Wireless option.
- Tap or click on the slider beside the wireless icon to enable the Wi-Fi option on your laptop.
Step 3: Connecting the laptop to a network
- As soon as you enable the Wi-Fi option, a list of wireless networks available nearby will be displayed on the screen.
- Choose the network that you wish to connect your laptop and tap or click Connect. If prompted, enter your network’s security key.
- Once your Dell laptop is connected to the network, the Connected status will be displayed beside your Wi-Fi SSID.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 SCREEN REPLACEMENT
- First, get the replacement screen from a trusted online site.
- Turn off your Dell Venue laptop.
- Now, remove the Torx screw followed by the Micro-SIM reader door from your laptop.
- Open the bottom cover of your laptop using a scribe.
- Make sure to disconnect the battery cable and remove the battery from your laptop.
- Now, gently disconnect the docking station circuit cable and remove all the screws mounting the circuit board.
- Take the middle frame base assembly using a scribe.
- Disconnect the USB circuit cable and take the circuit board out of the laptop.
- Similarly, unplug the speaker cable and the other cables.
- After removing the motherboard, unpack the new touchscreen and insert it into the laptop.
- Perform the above steps in the reverse order to mount the touchscreen properly.
- Once the touchscreen has been replaced, turn on your laptop and check if its functions.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 BATTERY REPLACEMENT
- Make sure that your Dell laptop is turned OFF and the battery cable is disconnected from it.
- Remove the screw and open the Micro-SIM reader door.
- Now, gently take off the access door of your laptop.
- Disconnect the battery cable and remove all the screws mounting the battery on the board.
- Unpack the new battery and insert it into the laptop.
- Connect the battery cable to the laptop.
- Mount all the screws properly and close the access door.
- Close the reader door and mount the screw properly.
- Now, turn on your Dell laptop.
- If required, charge the battery for a while.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 CONNECT EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
- The Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop comes with 2 USB ports. Using any one of these ports, you can connect your external hard drive to the laptop.
- First, get an external hard drive that is compatible with your Dell laptop.
- Using the USB to USB-C cable, connect your external storage device to the laptop.
- As soon as you connect the device, a new storage device found or a similar message will be displayed on the screen.
- Open the storage device and use it to store your data.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 HARD RESET
- If you encounter software-related issues, then it better to reinstall the OS on your Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop. Restore your laptop’s OS to reinstall it again. To do so, perform the quick steps given below.
- Navigate to your laptop’s Settings section.
- Select the Change PC settings option followed by Update and recovery.
- Click or tap Recovery.
- Go to the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section.
- Tap or click Get started > Next.
- Now, your laptop will be restored to its default settings.
- Reinstall the OS on your laptop by following the instructions in the installation wizard.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 BLACK SCREEN WITH CURSOR
If your Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 laptop displays a black screen with a movable cursor, then perform a System Restore. To do so, carry out the following instructions.
Performing System Restore:
- On your laptop, open Task Manager using the Ctrl, Shift, and Escape combo buttons.
- Click the File tab.
- Select Run New Task > Create New Task.
- In the given field, type msconfig and select the Administrative Privileges option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Click the Okay button in the Create New Task window.
- Go to the Boot tab of the System Configuration window.
- Select the Safe Boot option under the Boot Options section.
- Click Apply> Okay > Restart.
- Now, your laptop will restart in Safe mode.
- Log in to your laptop.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Programs & Features > View Installed Updates.
- Choose the updates that you have installed recently and delete them one-by-one.
- After uninstalling the latest updates, disable Safe Mode from the Task Manager.
- Go to Control Panel. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Restore Point > Next > FINISH.
- Now, the black screen with the cursor will be fixed on your Dell laptop. If not, contact us.
DELL VENUE 10 PRO 5056 BLACK SCREEN FIX
- Reboot your laptop to resolve the Dell Venue 10 Pro 5056 black screen issue.
- Press and hold your laptop’s Power button for 15 seconds.
- Now, your laptop will shut down completely.
- Leave your laptop turned OFF for 30 seconds.
- Later, turn on the laptop.
- If the reboot process fails to resolve the black screen issue, contact us.