- Home »
- Laptop Displayport Not Working
Why Displayport Not Working On Laptop?
Is the DisplayPort not working on laptop correctly? There might probably be a connection failure. Sometimes, the DisplayPort might not work if the Graphic Card driver fails to access it on your laptop. Refer to the steps mentioned below if you wish to troubleshoot the DisplayPort issue.
- You need to turn off the laptop first.
- Unplug the laptop’s power cord from the wall outlet and disconnect the AC adapter from the laptop.
- Disconnect the primary monitor from the electrical source.
- Wait for few minutes and reconnect the laptop to the wall outlet using the AC adapter and power cord.
- Plug the DisplayPort cable into the primary monitor first and then connect the other end to the laptop.
- Ensure that you have firmly plugged the DisplayPort cable into the monitor and the laptop.
- Power both the primary monitor and the laptop.
- Check if the DisplayPort works now on your laptop.
- If the DisplayPort not working on laptop problem persists, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
- This method shows how to fix the DisplayPort errors by updating Graphics Card drivers.
- On your laptop, click the Start menu at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type device manager in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- From the search result, give a double-click on the Device Manager tab.
- In the Device Manager window, move to the left-side panel and expand Display adapters.
- Give a right-click on your Graphics Card driver and select the Update Driver Software option.
- Select either the Search automatically for updated driver software option or the Browse my computer for driver software option from the pop-up window.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and update your Graphics Card driver.
- If the update is unavailable for the Graphics Card driver, remove the existing driver and reinstall a new one.
- This will fix the DisplayPort not working on laptop problem.