- Connection Error
Fixed: Err_Connection_Closed in Windows 7
- The following error messages occur mainly due to the Err_Connection_Closed.
- This web page is not available
- Check if your Windows 7 computer has a stable Internet connection.
- Click the Reload button or press the Ctrl and F5 keys together to refresh the page on the browser.
- If this does not work, proceed with the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
- Check if the cable connected between your router and the Windows 7 computer is secure.
- In case you find that the Ethernet cable is damaged, then replace it with a new one.
- If you are connected to the router over a wireless connection, then restart the router.
- Select the Control Panel option from the Start menu and click Internet Options.
- Navigate to the Connections tab and then select the Settings or LAN Settings option.
- Select the checkbox next to the Automatic Configuration option.
- Remove the checkmark beside the Proxy Server option.
- Save the altered proxy settings by clicking the OK option.
- If this methd does not fix Err_Connection_Closed error, proceed with the next troubleshooting method
Flush DNS Cache
- Open Command Prompt on the Windows 7 computer.
- Enter the commands that are given below and press the Enter key after each command.
- Ipconfig /flushdns
- Ipconfig /registerdns
- Ipconfig /release
- Ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Reboot the Windows 7 computer.
Google Public DNS
- Go to the Start menu, type network and sharing center in the search section, and press Enter.
- Click the Change adapter settings link on the left panel.
- Right-click your network connection and select the Properties option.
- Click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties.
- When the next dialog window opens, click the General tab and select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in the Preferred DNS Server field.
- Enter 126.96.36.199 in the Alternate DNS Server field and click OK.
- Sometimes, the antivirus installed on the Windows 7 computer might consider certain web pages as malicious because of false-positive effects. In this scenario, add those websites to the Exception list.
- If required, disable the antivirus and the firewall program on the Windows 7 computer.
- Finally, disable the web browser extensions and check if Err_Connection_Closed has been resolved on the Windows 7 computer.
- If it persists, click the Call button to get technical assistance from our support members.