- Win 7 Proxy Error
How To fix ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED Error in Windows 7?
The ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED message occurs due to the following two reasons on your Windows 7 computer.
- No internet connection due to antivirus
- Something wrong with the proxy server message
The instructions to resolve this problem are mentioned on our web page.
It’s always better to use a built-in antivirus program.
- If you use any third-party antivirus tool to protect your Windows 7 computer from online threats, make sure you have a good one.
- Sometimes, the installed third-party antivirus tool interferes with your web browser. This is considered to be the main reason behind this problem.
- So, you have to disable the antivirus tool temporarily.
- Now, check if the ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED problem has been resolved.
- If not, proceed to uninstall the antivirus program temporarily. Even after uninstalling it, your Windows Defender program will protect the Windows 7 computer from the threats.
- If uninstalling the third-party antivirus tool resolves the problem, use the built-in antivirus program or switch to some other antivirus program.
- Make sure you have access to a stable internet connection.
- If you use a wired connection between the Windows 7 computer and your router, remove the cable and connect it again firmly.
- Also, try a different web browser to access the website.
- Sometimes, your web browser might also be the cause of this program.
Disabling Proxy settings
- On the Windows 7 computer, navigate to the Start menu and click the Control Panel option followed by the Internet Options option.
- Go to the Connections tab and select the appropriate option depending on your Internet service.
- Dial-up Internet service – You have to select the Settings option.
- Broadband Internet service – Click the LAN Settings option.
- Checkmark the box next to the Automatic Configuration option.
- Deselect the Proxy Server option.
- Now, click the OK option to save the proxy settings.
- Note: Instead of using a proxy, you can use a VPN.
- Some of the applications might also be the reason for this problem.
- Sort out the applications that you consider as problematic or suspicious and uninstall them from the Windows 7 computer.
Resetting web browser
- Fix ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED error in Google Chrome:
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser on the Windows 7 computer.
- Navigate to Menu and select the Settings option.
- Scroll down, click the Advanced button, and select the ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’ option under the Reset and clean up section.
- Once you click the Reset Settings, the Google Chrome web browser will be reset to the default settings.
If needed, uninstall the Google Chrome web browser and install it again on the computer.