- Home »
- External Monitor Not Working Issue
Fix: External Monitor Not Working On Docking Station
A docking station is similar to a universal port replicator. Using this device, you can connect your laptop computer to another computer or convert your laptop into a desktop computer.
If External Monitor Not Working On Docking Station in your Windows 10 computer, then first check some of the possible scenarios discussed below.
- Check whether any other external device is connected to the docking station.
- If the Windows 10 OS is of the version 1703, then there is a chance for this issue to occur.
To solve this issue, open the Display Settings window on your computer by pressing the Window, Control, Shift, and B buttons.
- In the Display Settings window, locate and click the Delete button.
- Wait for the on-screen process to complete.
- After that, change the Lid close action option to Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down.
- Make sure not to select the Do nothing option in the Power Options section. To change it, follow the instructions given below.
- You can change this setting using Power options and Advanced Power Options.
Using Power Options
- Click the Action Center icon.
- Select the Power Options option.
- Now, the Power Options window.
- Click the Choose what closing the lid does tap.
- Go to the When I close the lid section.
- Choose the Sleep, Hibernate or Shut down option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Using Advanced Power Options
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Advanced Power Options window.
- Locate and expand the Power buttons and lid and Lid close action section.
- Select the action from the drop-down menu below the Lid close action section.
- After that, click the OK button.
- Now, check if your Windows 10 is working with the docking station.
- If not, upgrade your Windows 10 version 1703 to version 1709.
- Then, check if the issue has been resolved.
- If not, check if the cables are properly connected.
- If you find the cable is damaged or broken, replace them with a new one.
- Then, try to connect your computer to the docking station.
- To get remote assistance in solving this External Monitor Not Working On Docking Station issue, contact us.