Docking Station Surface Issues
Fixed: Surface Dock Issues
Surface Dock is a device that will assist you in using a tablet as a PC. If your Surface Dock fails to work normally, then you need to follow the quick troubleshooting steps given below to fix the Surface dock issues.
- If you are using an obsolete Surface Dock version, update it first.
- Make sure that you have connected the Surface Dock to a PC with a proper cable connection.
- On your PC, open the default browser and go to the official Microsoft site.
- Download theSurface Update tool that suits your Surface Dock and install it to update the Surface Dock updates.
- Make sure that you have updated your PC to the latest Windows OS.
- To check that, open the Windows Settingsand click the Update & Security
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click theWindows Update tab and select the Check for updates
- If updates are available, then install them on your Windows.
- If your Surface Dock fails to respond to external peripherals such as keyboard and mouse, restart your Surface Dock device first.
Wait until the login screen displays and then connect your Surface Dock to the device.
Now, check if the keyboard or mouse responds to the Surface Dock device. Now, check if your Surface dock issues fixed or not.
- If the Surface Dock device fails to respond to the external monitor connected with it, remove the surface from the Surface Dock first.
- Download and open the Surface Dock registry
- In the Registrywindow, locate the Surface dock registry.reg and run the file.
- If UACprompts, click the Yes button to allow the changes and then click OK.
- Now, restart your surface and check if it works when connected to the Surface Dock.
- If the Surface dock issues persists, reset the dock and the external monitor.
- If you have audio issues with the Surface Dockdevice, check the audio jacks and cables.
- Ensure that you have plugged the cable firmly into the cable jack.
- Turn on the audio device and go to the audio settings.
- In the search panel, type “manage audio devices” and give a right-click on the audio device from the search result.
- Select the Show Disabled Devicesoption, give a right-click on your audio device, and select Enable.
If you have difficulties in troubleshoot Surface dock issues, contact our technical support team to assist you in resolving the problems.