- Home »
- Docking Station Surface Issues
Fixed: Surface Dock Issues
Surface Dock is a device that will assist you in using a tablet as a PC. If your Surface Dock fails to work normally, then you need to follow the quick troubleshooting steps given below to fix the Surface dock issues.
- If you are using an obsolete Surface Dock version, update it first.
- Make sure that you have connected the Surface Dock to a PC with a proper cable connection.
- On your PC, open the default browser and go to the official Microsoft site.
- Download theSurface Update tool that suits your Surface Dock and install it to update the Surface Dock updates.
- Make sure that you have updated your PC to the latest Windows OS.
- To check that, open the Windows Settingsand click the Update & Security
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click theWindows Update tab and select the Check for updates
- If updates are available, then install them on your Windows.
- If your Surface Dock fails to respond to external peripherals such as keyboard and mouse, restart your Surface Dock device first.
- Wait until the login screen displays and then connect your Surface Dock to the device.
- Now, check if the keyboard or mouse responds to the Surface Dock device. Now, check if your Surface dock issues fixed or not.
- If the Surface Dock device fails to respond to the external monitor connected with it, remove the surface from the Surface Dock first.
- Download and open the Surface Dock registry
- In the Registrywindow, locate the Surface dock registry.reg and run the file.
- If UACprompts, click the Yes button to allow the changes and then click OK.
- Now, restart your surface and check if it works when connected to the Surface Dock.
- If the Surface dock issues persists, reset the dock and the external monitor.
- If you have audio issues with the Surface Dockdevice, check the audio jacks and cables.
- Ensure that you have plugged the cable firmly into the cable jack.
- Turn on the audio device and go to the audio settings.
- In the search panel, type “manage audio devices” and give a right-click on the audio device from the search result.
- Select the Show Disabled Devicesoption, give a right-click on your audio device, and select Enable.
If you have difficulties in troubleshoot Surface dock issues, contact our technical support team to assist you in resolving the problems.