- Home »
- HP 15 Laptop Turning On
Fixed: HP 15 Laptop won’t Turn On Issue
When you press the power button of your HP laptop, but it does not turn on, it indicates that the device is in trouble. Sometimes, the light turns on, yet, the screen remains black, or an error message appears on a blue screen. Read the following steps to know the reasons for the HP 15 laptop won’t turn on problem and ways to fix it.
Causes of the Problem:
- If the battery life of the laptop is expiring, then the problem can occur.
- The hardware problems can also cause such an issue on the laptop.
- In case the power inlet port of the laptop is not working, then the power issue occurs.
Solution for the power problem:Verify battery status
- See if the battery is proper and make sure there are no damage Also, check if it functions properly.
- Try to start the laptop with a new battery.If it starts, then it indicates that the old battery was the problem.
Check charger & port condition:
- Change the power adapter and check if the laptop turns on.
- Make sure the charger has not tampered; if it is, then give it for repair service.
- Connect the charger to the other device and see if it charges. If the other device charges, then you can be sure that the issue is not with the charger.
- Check if the power port of your laptop is working.
- If the power port is the cause, you need to send the laptop for service.
Remove the external connections
- If you have connected the drive or any other device to the HP laptop, disconnect the devices and retry turning it on.
- If the laptop turns on now, the cause could be the device drivers, Update the system drivers to the latest version after turning on the laptop.
Reset the Laptop:
- Resetting the system will erase all the system configuration, software, and data, so ensure that you back up the data and then go for the reset.
- Keep the laptop switched off, then remove all the connections like external devices, peripherals, and power cable.
- Now, take off the battery from the laptop.
- Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then plug the power cable to the laptop and press the power button to switch it on.
- After that, replace the battery in the laptop.
- Power on the laptop. If the laptop doesn’t respond, probably, there is a fatal hardware failure, and it requires service from an experienced technician.
- You can call us for more assistance to fix HP 15 Laptop won’t turn on issue.