Hp Elitebook 840 g6 Sound Not Working
The HP Elitebook 840 G6 comes with dual stereo speakers and a headphone/microphone combo built on it. If you are facing issues with the audio output on your HP Elitebook , then carry out any of the methods given here, so that you can easily resolve Hp Elitebook 840 G6 Sound Not Working issue.
Method 1: Restart your HP Elitebook
If you are using headphones to listen to the audio, then unplug it and check whether the audio plays through the dual speaker. If you can listen to the audio via the dual speakers, then the issue is with your headphones. Replace it.
If you are not able to listen to the audio through both the headphones and the dual speakers on your HP Elitebook, then restart it before moving on to other troubleshooting methods.
Method 2: Updating the audio drivers using HP Support Assistant
All the hardware on your computer run with the help of certain drivers. Nowadays, driver updates are released frequently. So, the drivers on our computers also must remain updated. Follow the steps below to update the audio drivers using the HP Support Assistant.
- Download and install the HP Support Assistant on your HP Elitebook if it is not already installed.
- Launch HP Support Assistant on your HP Elitebook.
- Click the Updates icon.
- Now, clic the update file if listed.
- This will fix the issue.
Method 3: Updating the audio drivers in Windows
If you don’t have HP Support Assistant on your computer, carry out the below-mentioned steps to update the audio drivers on your HP Elitebook 840 G6.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Right-click the Windows icon on your HP Elitebook 840 G6 and select the Device Manager option.
- Now, select the Sound, video, and game controllers option.
- Then, right-click the audio driver and select the Update driver option.
- In the Update Driver window that opens, click the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Then, carry out the on-screen instructions to continue the update process.
Method 4: Troubleshoot using Audio Check in HP Support Assistant
If the audio on your HP Elite is not working, try to resolve it using the Audio Check option in HP Support Assistant. The steps are as follows.
- Launch the HP Support Assistant on your Windows computer.
- Click the My Devices tab and select your computer.
- Click the Troubleshooting and fixes tab at the bottom.
- Select the Audio Check option in the One-click section.
- Now, click the Next button and continue the audio test.
- When the audio test is completed, click the Test Audio button on the Audio Diagnostics page.
- If you are still not able to listen to any sound, then click the Unable to Hear Audio button and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 5: Troubleshoot using the Windows built-in troubleshooter
Follow the steps given to resolve the audio not working issue on your HP Elitebook 840 G6. Right-click the speaker icon at the taskbar in your HP Elitebook 840 G6. Then, click the Troubleshoot sound problems.
- The troubleshooter will run to detect the problems on your HP Elitebook 840 G6. It will automatically fix the issues if found.
- Finally, click the Close the Troubleshooter option.
- If you are unable to resolve Hp Elitebook 840 G6 Sound Not Working issue, you can contact our technical experts.