Fixed: HP Laptop Error 3f0 Code
The laptop error code 3F0 is a standard error that occurs on hp laptops, and it’s getting quite frequent. The error usually occurs when users boot their laptops.
The HP laptop error 3f0 reads as,
“Boot device not found. Please install an Operating system on your hard drive”
- If you are facing the scroll lock problem in Excel sheet, locate or identify the Scroll Lock button first.
- Some possible causes that could lead to the error 3F0 on your HP laptop are
- Disk partition might be corrupted
- BIOS boot sequence is incorrect
- Boot sector virus
- Loose connection of the hard drive
- Broken hard disk
- Check if your hard drive is connected correctly and there are no loose cables.
Here are some troubleshooting methods that can prevent from HP laptop error 3f0 code.
Perform a hard reset
- To perform a hard reset, turn off your laptop.
- Remove all the connected external devices from your hp laptop.
- Please remove the battery from its compartment.
- Once you remove the battery, press the power button and hold for 15 seconds.
- Place the battery back into its compartment, connect the AC adapter, and power on your laptop.
- If the booting is performed normally, connect all the other essential devices needed to run your laptop.
- (Some HP laptops come with a non-removable battery, you can follow the same steps skipping step:3)
Reset BIOS to default
- To reset your BIOS settings to default,
- Turn off your laptop.
- Wait for a few minutes before you restart your laptop.
- Press the F10 button to access the BIOS settings menu.
- Once the BIOS settings open up, press the F9 key to load the setup default settings.
- You can save these changes by pressing the F10 key and later exit the BIOS.
- Choose the YES option and press the Enter key.
- Check to see if the BIOS reset resolves the error on your laptop.
HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool
- Turn on your HP laptop to perform this step.
- Once you see the main windows, keep pressing the Esc key until you see a menu pop up.
- Press the F2 key.
- The HP hardware diagnostics tool opens up, displaying six options.
- Choose Component Test from the options.
- The Component test tab will open and display the list of components set on your laptop.
- Select the Hard Drive > Quick Test, and click Run Once option.
- If your laptop has more than one drive, you can perform the run test for all the drives by selecting the option Test All Hard Drives.
- The quick scan will take a couple of seconds, and the results will be prompted on-screen.
- You can choose to perform the Extensive test if the initial scan persists.
Reconnect Your Hard Drive
- Reconnecting your hard drive can be a complicated task.
- It requires assembling the components in your laptop from scratch.
- You can also get assistance from us.
- Here are the steps to reconnect your hard drive to your HP laptop.
- Turn off your laptop and remove the power cable.
- Take out the battery if your laptop comes with a removable battery.
- Disconnect the hard drive and connect it back in the same way. Now, HP Laptop Error 3f0 issue is resolved.