FIXED: HP Laptop Error Code 301
The HP Laptop Error Code 301 indicates that your hard disk is dying, and you need to replace it. The error appears as:
- SMART Hard Disk Error
- The SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure…
- Hard Disk 1 (301)
Error Code 301 Solution
There is no workaround for the above error code. It means your disk drive will not last long.Safe mode will not work for this problem. Hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete might allow you to get your files back.
Resolve HP Laptop Error Code 301 Using Given Steps:
- Shut down your laptop.
- Turn it back on.
- Press the Escape key. You might see the error again.
- Keep pressing the Escape key.
- Continue pressing it until you see the Startup Menu.
- Hit the F9 key (Boot Device Options).
- When you hit F9 again, the system will ask you where to boot up.
- Select the Notebook Hard Drive.
- In case you try to reinstall Windows or attempt to do a system restore, it will not work.
- So, hit the Enter key.
- Now, you will be able to boot up into Windows.
- At this stage, the system will give you two options:
- Windows 7
- NeoSmart ISO Entry
- Select Windows 7 and press Enter.
- You will find the message Start Windows Normally on your screen.
- Please wait for Windows to start.
- Once it starts, log in to your HP laptop.
- After your laptop loads up, you can access all of your files. This process will be very slow. Your laptop might freeze up and take some time.
- You might see the same error displayed on the screen:
- Windows detected a hard disk problem
- Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss…
- You can either start the backup process or make use of the Cronus program. Cronus is simply one of the best backup software. It creates an image of the hard drive.
- At this point, you might not be able to access some of your files.
- Depending on the speed of your laptop, you can access them after your system loads.Now, the HP Laptop Error Code 301 is successfully resolved.