- Home »
- RESTORE THE FACTORY DEFAULTS ON A GATEWAY KAV60 LAPTOP
Gateway Kav60 Factory Restore
Consider the methods given below for Gateway Kav60 factory restore settings.
- Make sure to backup all the required data from your laptop to a storage device.
- Since the factory restoring process may take time, ensure that you have plugged in your laptop to a power source.
- Turn on your laptop and press the Alt key.
- Holding the Alt key, press the F10 button.
- When the Recovery mode displays on the screen, select the Repair Your Computeroption using the navigation buttons. Then, press the Enter key.
- In the System Recovery Options window, select the Windows Computer PC Restore
- If the OS on your laptop is of higher version such as Windows 8 or Windows 10, the Troubleshoot window will be displayed.
- Select the Reset your PC option from the list.
- When the eRecovery Management window appears, select the “Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults” option. This option will remove all data present your laptop and also remove the viruses if any.
- In case if you have not backed up your data and want to restore them, select the “Restore Operating System and Retain User Data” option. All the data from your laptop will be transferred to Local Disk C in the Backup folder. This option will not remove any active viruses or malware present on your computer.
- Click Next in the Notice section.
- The restoration process might take upto 30 minutes to complete.
- If the above process fails, turn on the Gateway Kav60 laptop.
- Press the Shift key and click on the Power icon and select Restart.
- Select the Troubleshoot option to start the process.
- In the Reset this PC section, click on the Reset button.
- Select the “Remove files and clean the drive” option. This will remove all the data from your Gateway laptop and reset it to factory defaults.
- Restart your computer after the reset is complete.
- Continue with the following steps given below if you cannot factory reset your Gateway laptop using the above-said methods.
- Press the Start menu and search for Gateway.
- Open the Gateway Recovery Center window and go to the Recovery section.
- Select Factory system recovery to factory restore your Gateway laptop to defaults. If you have any further queries regarding Gateway Kav60 factory restore, click the call button availble on the screen.