Update Gateway Firmware
gateway kav60 firmware update
The Gateway laptop firmware uses BIOS, which stores all the information, and when you start the computer, the BIOS starts to function. Before you perform any firmware update, it necessary to back up the data on the Gateway device. The following steps help to perform the Gateway Kav60 Firmware Update.
- Note down the device model and the serial number before you start the update process.
- Restart your Gateway system and when the device turns on, press and hold the F1 key.
- When the BIOS setup screen appears, note down the BIOS version of the system.
- Now,connect the external drive to the system and back up all the necessary data to the external drive.
- After that, open the browser and find the Rufus software.
- Download the software and open the software file on your system to boot the external drive.
- When the window opens up, go to the Devicesection and select the external drive name.
- In the File systemdrop-down menu, choose FAT32, and for the Create a bootable disk using menu, select the FreeDOS
- Now, click Startand wait till the process completes.
- After completing, close the window and go to the official Gateway website from your browser.
- Enter the system serial number or product model number to find the firmware on the webpage.
- Download the latest firmware version on the system and save a copy on the external bootable drive.
- Extract the files in the zip package folder and open the DOS folder.
- Next, copy the data in the DOS folder and paste it in the bootable drive.
- By using these steps we can execute that the gateway Kav60 firmware update.
- Following that, turn off the Gateway system, connect the bootable drive to the system, and power it on.
- When the laptop screen turns on, press the F10 key to open the Boot options.
- Select the external bootable drive and press the Enter key.
- A terminal window opens, input “C:”and then press Enter.
- To view the files on the bootable drive, type “dir” and press Enter.
- Find the firmware update file and press the Enter key.
- Now, type the command “autoexec.bat” and press Enter. Now, do as per the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
- Follow these steps we can execute that the gateway kav60 firmware update.