Gateway Laptop Only Shows Black Screen
The section below will help you to fix the Gateway Laptop Only Shows Black Screen issue on your Gateway laptop.
If you encounter the black screen issue while watching a movie or playing a game, then the cause of this issue might be specific to the monitor. In such a case, check your laptop’s brightness. In most laptops, you can find the brightness button on its keyboard. Try to adjust your Gateway laptop’s brightness level by pressing the suitable button. If the laptop’s screen still remains black after adjusting the brightness, perform the quick steps given below.
Restart your Gateway laptop
- Many Gateway users have reported that the restart process has resolved their laptop’s black screen issue.
- To perform the restart process, first of all, remove the battery from your Gateway laptop.
- Disconnect the AC adapter from your laptop if it is connected.
- Now, locate the Start button and hold it down for a minute.
- After that, release the Start button and connect the laptop to the AC adapter.
- Wait for your Gateway laptop to start automatically.
- Once your Gateway laptop turns ON, re-insert the battery into it.
- Now, you can see your laptop’s desktop screen.
- If not, the cause for the Gateway Laptop Only Shows Black Screen issue might be your BIOS or Windows installation.
- To check it, connect your Gateway laptop to an external monitor.
- If the external monitor screen is also black, then a software issue might be the cause of this problem.
- If the external monitor displays your Gateway laptop’s screen, try to visit the manufacturer’s site of the laptop and download the latest driver files.
- Make sure that your laptop’s drivers are up-to-date.
- After the update, check if the black screen issue has been resolved.
- If not, the hardware problem might be the cause of this issue.
- In this case, contact your laptop’s dealer or manufacturer to solve the Gateway Laptop Only Shows Black Screen issue.
- Most of the laptop manufacturers do not recommend fixing the hardware issue yourself.