Gateway NV53A Laptop Won’t On
Fixed: Gateway NV53A won’t Turn On Issue
If your Gateway NV53A won’t Turn On, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- First, check whether you have charged your laptop.
- If not, connect it to the AC electrical outlet using the supplied power adapter and cable.
- Check whether the indicator light on the Gateway Nv53A laptop lights up.
- If the indicator light doesn’t glow in red or white, try to connect the power cable to a different wall outlet.
- If it does not work, unplug the power cord from the Gateway Nv53A laptop and remove the battery located at the backside.
- Turn the laptop upside down and remove the battery without damagingthe clips and panels.
- After removing the battery and the power cord, try to perform a hard reset on your laptop.
- Press the Power button available on the left side of the laptop and hold it for 20
- While performing a hard reset, check whether the laptop boots up as usual.
- If your laptop fails to boot, then remove and reconnect the Random-Access Memory (RAM) on your laptop.
- At the rearof the laptop, unscrew the top casing using the screw-driver or necessary tools.
- Make sure you have removed the Gateway Nv53A laptop’s battery before removing the back panel.
- After removing the back case, remove the RAM one by one without damaging the internal parts.
- Check for any disconnected cable inside the laptop.
- If so, reconnect them and install the RAM back into the respective slots.
- If you are using a damaged RAM, then it may also be a reason for the laptop issue.
- Therefore, replace the damaged RAM to resolve the problem.
- If you find the problem with the power cord or AC adapter, get a new power cable.
- If you have difficulties in troubleshooting your Gateway NV53A won’t turn on issues, contact our technical experts.