- Home »
- Gateway nv55c factory reset
FACTORY RESET GATEWAY NV55C
If your Gateway laptop is not working properly and is slowed down due to viruses and malware, you need to do factory reset Gateway NV55C.
- Make sure to backup all the essential data from your laptop before performing a factory reset, as the resetting process will delete all data from your laptop.
- Connect your laptop to the power supply using the power adapter, to avoid turning off of the Gateway laptop during the factory reset process.
Carry out the steps given below to perform a factory reset on your Gateway NV55C laptop.
Factory Reset from Windows 8 and 10 operating systems:
If you are using Windows 8 operating system or higher version on your Gateway NV55C laptop, proceed with the steps given below to perform the reset.
- Turn on your laptop and click the Settings icon located at the right end of the desktop.
- In the Settings window, select the Change PC Settings option from the list.
- Select the Update and Recovery tab and click Recovery.
- Click the “Get Started” tab under the Remove Everything and reinstall Windows” option.
- This resetting process will remove all your data and reset your laptop totally to the factory settings.
- Continue with the instructions on the screen to complete factory reset Gateway NV55C process.
Factory Reset from Windows 7 operating system:
Carry out the steps given below to reset your Gateway laptop, if it runs on a Windows 7 operating system.
- Restart your Gateway NV55C laptop.
- When the Gateway logo appears, press the F8 key repeatedly until you are directed to the advanced boot options window.
- In the Advanced Boot Options screen, select the Repair Your Computer option using the up and down navigation keys on your keyboard. Then, press the Enter key.
- Select the Windows Complete PC Restore option to start the factory reset process.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
- Once the factory reset process is complete, reinstall the operating system on your Gateway laptop.
- Insert a Windows installation disc into the CD drive of your computer and reinstall Windows.
- Once the reset and the OS installation is completed, your Gateway laptop will be restored to the factory defaults. If you need a remote assistance to factory reset Gateway NV55C laptop, click the call button available on the screen.