- Windows 10 VPN
How to Connect VPN in Windows 10?
You can conveniently connect to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) on your Windows 10 computer. VPN offers a much more secure connection using which you can access your company’s network or the internet from any public place safely.
VPN Profile Creation
If you want to connect VPN in Windows 10, you should have a VPN profile on your Windows 10 computer. This can be achieved in Two ways:
- You can create a VPN profile by yourself.
- You can set up a work account to obtain a VPN profile from your organization.
In case it is for work purposes, you can look for a VPN app or VPN settings on the intranet site of your company. Or else, you can approach your company’s support person. If it is for personal purposes, you can visit the Microsoft Store and check if there is an app available for a VPN service. You can then visit the VPN service’s website and check whether the VPN connection settings are listed on it.
Now, please follow the instructions provided here:
- On your Windows 10 computer, click the Start icon. Navigate to Settings and choose the Network & Internet option.
- Next, go to VPN and then select the Add a VPN connection option.
- In the Add a VPN connection section, perform the following tasks:
- For your VPN provider, select the Windows (built-in) option.
- In the box provided for the Connection name, type a suitable name, one that you will be able to recognize. For instance, you can type “My VPN.” This is the VPN connection name that you will look for while connecting.
- In the box provided for the Server name or address, type the address for the VPN server.
- In the VPN type field, select the VPN connection type that you wish to create. For this, you should know what type of VPN connection is being used by your company or VPN service.
- In the Type of sign-in info field, select the type of sign-in credentials. This can be a username and password, certificate, or a smart card in case you are connecting to a VPN for work-related purposes.
- If needed, type your username and password in the boxes provided.
- Click on the Save button.
- In case you want to edit your VPN connection information or alter some of the settings, you can select the VPN connection and choose Advanced options.
- The following steps used to connect VPN in Windows 10.
How to Connect VPN?
Once your VPN profile is ready, you can start connecting. To do the same, please carry out the instructions provided here:
- From the taskbar, choose the Network icon. Then, select the VPN connection that you wish to use.
- Next, perform any one of the following tasks:
- If the Connect button appears under the VPN connection, choose Connect.
- In case the VPN section under Settings opens, you can choose the VPN connection there and then click Connect.
- In case you see a prompt asking for your username and password, enter them.
- When the connection is completed, you will find the Connected message beneath the VPN connection name. While working on your computer, if you want to check whether you are connected to the VPN, you can choose the Network icon from the taskbar and look for the Connected message.
We have now discussed the steps involved in connect VPN in Windows 10 computer.