- Virus Extension from Chrome
How do I Remove a Virus Extension from Chrome?
Unwanted Chrome extensions are the cause for pop-up ads and it opens new tabs when a link is clicked. Whatever things you surf on the Internet will be hijacked if a malicious extension is installed on your Chrome browser. You will be redirected to unfamiliar pages. You can see false security and virus alerts that show your computer is infected. The search engine on the browser may keep changing without your permission. If you are undergoing any of the above issues, it may be due to a virus extension installed on your browser. If you find any such virus extensions on your Chrome, you can remove it by following the steps given below.
- Launch the Chrome browser and click the More icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings option from the displayed list.
- Go to the Advanced tab and select Reset and clean up.
- Now, click on the Cleanup computer button.
- Click the Find option and select the extension you want to remove.
- When prompted for information to remove the extension, click on the Remove button.
- You can now restart your computer once the extension has been removed.
- If you find that the extension is not yet removed from your browser, you can reset the browser settings, as mentioned below.
- Click the More icon on the Chrome browser and go to Settings.
- Go to the Advanced section and select the Reset settings option.
- If you are using a Linux or Mac computer, select ‘Restore settings to their original defaults.’
- When prompted for confirmation, select Reset settings.
- Now, open your browser to turn on extensions that you trust.
- Click the More icon and select the More tools option.
- Select extensions and turn on the extensions you trust.
- Once you have made all the settings, restart your computer.
- If you find that the extensions are not yet removed from your browser, run a full system scan using an antivirus software.
- Once you have removed viruses present on your computer, continue with the same procedure given above to remove the virus extension from the Google Chrome web browser.