- Home »
- Recovery Partition on Asus Laptop
How to Access Recovery Partition on Asus Laptop?
A recovery partition is a part of the hard disk that helps a system to restore to the default factory settings. The ASUS laptop also has a system recovery partition that contains files and data corresponding to the configuration settings of the default factory mode. These files are the ones that help the system to reset to the factory settings. You can access the ASUS laptops recovery partition in three ways. Read more to learn about how to access recovery partition on ASUS laptop.
Method 1: Using the F9 key
- If the laptop is turned off, turn it on. If it is already turned on, then restart it.
- When the brand logo appears, press the F9 key, and choose the Windows Boot Manager or Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] option.
- Select the desired language and click Next.
- Once the ASUS Preload Wizard window opens up, select a recovery option.
- Click Next and follow the guided instructions to complete the recovery process.
Method 2: Using installation disc or flash drive
- Insert the OS CD into the computer and continue to reboot the system.
- When the system starts to boot, press the ESC key and then select CD/DVD.
- Press the Enter key and then click OK twice to begin the recovery process.
- After that, proceed with the on-screen instructions and complete the recovery successfully.
Method 3: Using computer settings
- Go to the Settings window and select the Update & Security menu to open it.
- Click Recovery on the left navigation pane and select Get started. This will reboot the system.
- Under Choose an option, choose Restore factory settings.
- Select the drive you wish to restore to default settings. Otherwise, choose all drives and click Next.
- Following that, choose how you want to clean the drive and select Next.
- Click the Reset button, wait until the system resets and finishes the recovery process.
- There are also few third-party recovery tools that can help you to access recovery partition on Asus laptop.