How To Boot From Usb Dell Xps 13
If you wish to boot your Dell XPS 13 device using a USB drive, read and proceed with the guided instructions given below.
- First, you have to change the POST behavior from Fastboot to Thorough.
- Then, insert the USB drive into your device and perform the boot process.
Changing the POST behavior from Fastboot to Through
- Boot your Dell XPS 13 device by pressing the F2 button available on your system’s keyboard.
- Now, a dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Locate the POST Behaviour section and select the Through option instead of Fastboot.
Inserting the USB drive and booting your system.
- Locate the right USB port on your system.
- Insert your USB drive into it.
- After that, reboot your system.
- Press the F12 button while booting occurs.
- When prompted, select your USB driver in the boot options.
- Do as per the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the boot process using the USB drive.
- If you are unable to boot your Dell XPS 13 using the USB drive, then enable the UEFI and secure boot options.
- After that, create a UEFI- bootable flash drive using the Microsoft media creation tool.
- Now, insert the USB drive and turn on your Dell XPS 13 system.
- Press the F12 button when your system begins to boot up.
- If the boot process fails again, run the diagnostic tool to check the hardware status of your Dell system.
Running the diagnostic tool
- Switch off your Dell system.
- Ensure that no external device(s) are connected to your system.
- Wait for a few seconds/ minutes for your Dell system to cool down.
- After a while, turn on your Dell system.
- Make sure to press the F12 button as soon as your system starts to boot up.
- Keep pressing the F12 button until the Preparing one-time boot menu appears on your system’s screen.
- From the boot menu, choose the Diagnostic option.
- Select the Hard drive option followed by the Thorough Test Mode.
- The above method will fix the USB boot problem.