- Change Password On Chromebook Lap
How To Change Password On Chromebook Laptop?
If you feel that your Chromebook password is known to someone else other than you, then you have to change it for security purposes. Since Google and Chromebook passwords are the same, you have to change your Google account password to change the password on Chromebook. It is not mandatory to use the Chromebook to change the password. You can change the password from any device. Two-factor authentication allows only you to access your Chromebook laptop. Continue with the steps that are given below to know how to change password on Chromebook laptop.
- Open the Chrome application. Click on the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Manage your Google Account option and click the Security tab on the left panel.
- Scroll down the page and select Signing in to Google section.
- Choose Password and type the current password of your account. Click Next.
- When prompted to enter the authentication code, enter it.
- Select the Change password option and type the new password.
- Enter the new password twice for confirmation.
- Make sure to select a secure password for your Google account. It must have upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- After typing the new password, click on the Change Password button.
- You can turn on two-factor authentication for added security.
- Enter your phone number and type the security code received on your phone.
- Make sure to save the settings you have made.
- Once you have changed your Google account password, the Chromebook password will also be changed.
- Now, open your Chromebook and enter the new password of your Google account.
- You can now access your Chromebook laptop easily.
- Finally, you know how to change password on Chromebook laptop.