- Change Password On HP Chromebook
How To Change Password On HP Chromebook Laptop?
The only one password available for Chromebook is your Google password. However, you can set a PIN or password to unlock the laptop from the sleep mode. Changing your password routinely keeps your data safe and protects you from intruders. It is most recommended to change your password monthly once. Go through the detailed procedure that is given below how to change password on HP Chromebook laptop.
Changing the Chromebook lock screen password:
- Once you turn on your Chromebook, go to Settings.
- Select the People icon, click Screen lock, and sign-in.
- Choose the PIN or password option.
- Now, you can enter the current password and create a new password.
- Enter the new password or PIN twice for confirmation.
- You can now unlock the home screen of the HP Chromebook laptop using the new PIN.
Changing the Google account password
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the Profile icon.
- Go to the Sign-in & Security section and then select Password.
- Type the current password for your account and click on the Next button.
- If you have turned on two-factor authentication, enter the code received on your mobile number when prompted.
- Now, enter the new password twice for confirmation.
- Deselect the option that says to stay signed in other devices. Touch the OK button.
- Now, you will be logged out of all devices that are signed in with your Google account.
- To log in to your Google account on Chromebook, enter the new password you have just changed.
- You have now successfully see how to change password on HP Chromebook laptop.