- Remove Google Chrome
How To Completely Uninstall Google Chrome?
If you have problems with Flash, plug-ins, default search engines, pop-ups, or Chrome updates, the best solution is to uninstall and reinstall the Google Chrome web browser from our computer. You also might have some other reasons to uninstall Google Chrome completely.
To know how to do this on Windows 7, 10, Mac, and Ubuntu operating systems, refer to the quick instructions given on this web page. While uninstalling the Google Chrome browser, you can even delete your profile information. But, the deleted data will be no more available on this computer.
How To Completely Uninstall Chrome On Windows 7?
- On your Windows 7 computer, close all the tabs and windows of the Google Chrome web browser.
- Search for the Control Panel option from the Start menu and select it.
- Click the Uninstall a program or Programs and Features link.
- Search for the Google Chrome web browser and double-click it.
- If you need to delete your profile information such as bookmarks and history, select the checkbox next to the ‘Also delete your browsing data’ option.
- Once done, click the Uninstall option.
- This will uninstall Chrome web browser completely from the Windows 7 computer.
How To Completely Uninstall Google Chrome Windows 10?
- Close all the Google Chrome tabs as well as windows.
- On the main screen of your Windows 10 computer, navigate to the Start menu and click the Settings icon.
- Select the Apps option and go to the Apps & features section.
- Select the Google Chrome web browser and click Uninstall.
- If prompted for confirmation, select the Uninstall option again.
- Select the Also delete your browsing data option to delete your profile information.
- Once you click Uninstall, the Chrome browser will be uninstalled completely from the Windows 10 computer.
How To Uninstall Chrome Completely From Mac?
- Following steps are used to uninstall Google Chrome from Mac Computers
- In the dock of your Mac computer, right-click the Google Chrome icon and select the Quit option.
- Launch the Finder window and navigate to the folder where you have saved the Google Chrome application.
- Select and drag the Chrome application to the Trash folder.
- To delete your profile information, return to the main screen of the Mac computer and click the Go tab.
- Select the Go to Folder option, type the ‘~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome’ path without the quotes, and click the Go option.
- Select all the folders in this location and drag them to the Trash folder.
- Make sure to empty the Trash folder.
How To Completely Uninstall Google Chrome In Ubuntu?
Step 1 – Terminal window
- GNOME, Unity, and Cinamon environments – Launch the Terminal window by pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and T keys at the same time.
- KDE environments – To open the Terminal window, navigate to the Application menu, and click the System option followed by the Konsole option.
Step 2 – Command line
- Debian-based systems – Enter the ‘sudo dpkg -r google-chrome-stable’ command without including the single quotes.
- Other systems – Type the ‘sudo rpm -e google-chrome-stable’ command and press Enter.
- If prompted, provide your computer’s password.
Now we successfully uninstall Google Chrome browser in all the main OS Windows 7, 10, Mac, and Ubuntu.