- Home »
- Connect 3 Monitors To Docking Station
Steps to Connect 3 Monitors to a Laptop Docking Station
If you want to extend the working environment of your laptop, then you have to add additional monitors. The best option for this would be to use a laptop docking station. This is because the docking station, along with the addition of external monitors, also allows you to make use of other USB devices like keyboard, mouse, and internet connection through an Ethernet cable connection.
To connect 3 monitors to a Laptop docking station, perform the instructions given here.
- First, check whether your Windows laptop is capable of extending the display to 3 external monitors.
- Go to the Device Manager window on your laptop, click on the Display adapters menu, and note down the model of the graphics card from the list.
- Using the graphics card’s model, you can check the number of monitors that can be connected to your laptop.
- Now, choose a suitable laptop docking station. Make sure the laptop docking station supports 3 monitors. There are a few universal laptop docking stations that you can prefer for this task.
- Check whether your laptop has a USB-C port for making the connection with the USB-C port of the docking station. Else, get a USB-C to USB-A adapter cable to connect the USB 3.0 port of the laptop to the USB-C port of the docking station.
- Similarly, to connect to the external monitors, the docking station provides an HDMI port and 2 Display ports. If your external monitors have only DVI or VGA ports, then get the appropriate adapters as well.
- Now, turn on your laptop, docking station, and external monitors.
- Connect the laptop to the docking station using a USB-C to C to USB-C to A connectioncable.