- Chromebook To TV
How To Connect Chromebook To TV?
Usually, Chromebooks support media ports that let you power additional displays. This feature of Chromebook is very useful, especially when you want your movies to be displayed on your television. Another advantage of this feature is that you can use your Chromebook for a prolonged period.
You can conveniently connect Chromebook to TV and then watch all your streaming video content.
If you wish to stream Internet content, you need an Internet connection. Or else, you will require access to the video content on the internal hard drive of the Chromebook. Otherwise, you should have the facility to access the content on an external storage device like a USB drive (that is connected to your Chromebook). Now, let us see the things required for connecting the Chromebook to your television:
- Your Chromebook and your TV (of course!)
- An HDMI cable (of appropriate length)
- A touchpad (if necessary).
Now, you just have to follow the following simple instructions to connect Chromebook to TV:
- The very first step will be to locate the HDMI port on your Chromebook’s side and also the HDMI port that you would like to use on your television.
- The next step is to take the HDMI cable and connect one of its ends to the HDMI port of your Chromebook. Plug other end of the cable into the TV’s HDMI port.
- It is now time to alter the TV’s input channel to the HDMI port.
- The TV will act as an extension of your Chromebook desktop. In case you have set the Chromebook to mirror the display, the television will look precisely like your Chromebook desktop.
- You can now load the content that you want to stream. You can make use of your touchpad to drag the content viewing window to your television display (that is, if you are not interested in mirroring the display).
- Your streaming content window will now be displayed on the television screen.
- If you wish to make your streaming content occupy the whole of the television screen space, you just have to click the full-screen button in the window.
- That is all! Now, you can comfortably sit back and enjoy your show!
We have now discussed the steps involved in Connecting Chromebook To TV using an HDMI cable.
How To Connect Chromebook To TV Wirelessly?
We have seen how to connect your Chromebook to your television using an HDMI cable. You can also conveniently connect your Chromebook to your TV wirelessly. The items you will need to connect your Chromebook to the TV are:
- A Wi-Fi network
- A Chromecast dongle
Apart from your Chromebook and TV, you will need the above two things additionally. You will not require any wires or cables (since it is going to be a wireless connection), and you need not install any special apps.
Now, to connect Chromebook to TV wirelessly, please carry out the instructions provided here:
- The first step in the procedure will be to turn on your television and set the channel to HDMI. Since your television will have multiple HDMI channels, you have to select the right one. You will need to make a guess as to which of the ports ties to what channel.
- The second step is to connect your Chromecast (or your Android TV box) to the HDMI port.
- It is now time to power up the Chromebook. In case you haven’t turned on the Chromebook already, please do it now. Then, launch the Chrome browser.
- You can now navigate to Netflix or YouTube and then launch your content.
- Now, please right-click on your screen to display the options. Then, locate the Cast… option. When you have found the Cast… option, go ahead and click on it. A pop-up window will now display with a few questions. Please answer these questions to continue with the connection.
- If you are not able to find the Cast… option, please right-click any blank area on the screen. Please avoid clicking on any images, videos, or any other media.
- Note: You can also locate the Cast… option by clicking the menu located in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Now, a list of all the active detected devices will be displayed. You will have to select the device to which you wish to connect. However, in this case, you will most probably see only one active detected device. So, please click on that device.
- The final step is casting the streaming content on your television. Since the wireless connection between your Chromebook and your television is now completed, you will automatically see the streaming video content on your television.
We have now discussed the steps involved in connect Chromebook to TV wirelessly.