- Home »
- Hook Up Google Home to HP Laptop
Steps: Connect Google Home to HP Laptop
Google Home is a speaker that can work with other devices having Google Assistants. It is simpler to set up and operate using mobile phones. If you are a first-time user of the Google Home device, use the following steps to Connect Google Home to HP Laptop.
- Plug the Google Home device to the power socket on the wall and wait until it turns on. Check the LED indicator light on the device to make sure the device is turned on.
- Now, connect your mobile phone to the Wi-Fi router network.
- Download and install the Google Home application on the mobile phone from the Google Play Store app.
- Launch the app and then proceed to sign in to the Google account you already have. Create a Gmail account if you don’t have one.
- After you log in to the Google Home account, the message saying that ‘a new device is detected or set up device’ appears on the screen.
- In case the message did not appear, on the home screen of the app, tap the plus symbol and continue to set up Google Home.
- Make sure to add the Google Assistant service and make suitable settings.
- When the setup is complete, connect the HP laptop to the Wi-Fi router network.
- Open the Google Chrome application on the computer and then click the three-dotted icon at the upper-right corner of the window.
- A list of options will appear on the screen, choose the Cast option.
- The HP laptop detects the Google Home, which is connected to the same wireless network.
- Now, click your Google Home device name in the browser window. When the Google Home connects to the laptop, you will hear a beep sound.
- Select the Sources menu and choose an option for casting.