Connect HP Laptop to Chromecast
How to Connect HP Laptop to Chromecast?
Steps for Google Chromecast Device Setup
The instructions to perform the initial setup of the Google Chromecast device are given on our web page. After the initial setup we provide the simple steps for how to connect HP Laptop to Chromecast.
- Use a USB power cable to establish a connection between the Google Chromecast device and the TV.
- Ensure that both the Google Chromecast device and the HP laptop are connected to the same wireless network.
- Download the Google Home application on your Android mobile phone.
- The Android mobile phone needs to be connected to the same wireless network.
- To install the Google Home application, go to the Android mobile phone and open the Google Play Store application.
- Type ‘Google Home’ in the search column without the single quotes.
- Select the Google Home application from the search result and tap the Install option.
- Once downloaded, launch the main interface of the Google Home application on the Android mobile phone.
- Tap the Add icon at the upper-left corner of the Google Home application.
- Select the Set up device option followed by the Set up new devices option.
- Proceed with the remaining instructions to set up the Chromecast device.
Connect Google Chromecast Device to the HP Laptop
Once done with the initial setup of the Chromecast device, Learn how to connect HP Laptop to Chromecast follow the steps.
- Check if the Google Chrome web browser on the HP laptop is not outdated.
- Open the main interface of the Google Chrome web browser on the HP laptop.
- Navigate to the More icon and click the Update Google Chrome option.
- This will update the Google Chrome web browser to the most recent version.
- Note: If the Update Google Chrome option is not displayed on the screen, the Google Chrome web browser is already updated to the latest version.
- Once done with updating the Google Chrome web browser, click the Relaunch option.
- Go to the More icon at the top-right corner and click it.
- Choose the Cast option from the menu and select the Chromecast device in the Cast Tab dialog box.
- If you have two or more Chromecast devices, choose any one of the following options from the Sources drop-down menu.
- Cast Tab
- Cast Desktop
- Cast file of your choice
- Once you selected the Chromecast device, the content on the HP laptop will be streamed on the TV.