- Connect Monitor to Laptop Using Docking Station
How to Connect Monitor To Laptop Docking Station?
Carry out the steps that are given below to Connect monitor to Laptop docking station.
- You will require a Windows system for this connection process.
- Close the running programs on your monitor before starting the installation process.
- Connect the power adapter of the docking station into a power outlet.
- Plug in the other end of the power cable on the rear side of your docking station.
- Fix the B end of the USB cable to the docking station on the backside.
- Now, you can connect your monitor to the Docking Station.
- Plug in the DVI cable of your monitor on the rear side of the docking station.
- In case you are connecting a VGA display, connect the monitor and docking station using the DVI-to VGA-adaptor, which is included in the package.
- For VGA monitors, first, connect the adaptor into the DVI output, and plug in the VGA cable into the adaptor.
- HDMI monitors can be connected using a DVI-to-HDMI adapter.
- Now, plug in the other end of the USB cable A end to your laptop.
- But, this depends on the type of your laptop docking stations. You can also establish the connection between the USB-C port of the laptop and the docking station.
- Once you have Connect monitor to Laptop docking station, the station will be automatically detected.
- The software installation process will begin after the setup.
- You can continue with the displayed instructions to install the software on your laptop.
- Once you have installed the software, the monitor that is attached will be the main display, and your laptop screen can be used as an extended display.
- Press on the Dualview button to switch the displays.
- You can also connect your other devices to the docking station.
- Devices like printer, keyboard, mouse, external hard drive, can be connected using the USB ports available on the docking station.