- Ubuntu Laptop To Projector
How To Connect Ubuntu Laptop To Projector
Connecting your Ubuntu laptop to a projector is very simple if you follow the quick steps given on this page. Ubuntu allows you to mirror the screen to the projector. You can configure the display settings in the Display Preferences window on your Ubuntu laptop.
Mirroring the display:
- Before you start, connect your laptop to the projector using the supplied video socket.
- On your Ubuntu laptop, open the Dash and type ‘resolution’ in the search panel.
- Under Applications, select Displays.
- Alternatively, open the Display Preferences window by clicking the Settings icon from the launcher and selecting the Displays icon.
- If only one monitor appears on the screen, click the Detect Displays button and clear the Mirror Displays checkbox.
- Next, toggle on the second monitor button on.
- Also, enable both displays.
- Select the required resolution from the Resolution pull-down menu.
- Position the projector to match/fit your screen. You have to do it physically.
- Once the screen settings are configured properly, click the Apply button available at the bottom-left corner of the screen to save and apply your settings.
- Now, your laptop screen will be displayed on the projector.
- Alternatively, press the Ctrl + Alt + Backspace shortcut keys to project your laptop screen on the projector.
- If it does not work properly, then the problem lies with your xorg.conf file.
- To fix this issue, you have to change the configuration using certain commands.
- To do so, open the Terminal app on your Ubuntu laptop.
- Type ‘sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf’ and press the Enter key.
- Navigate to the below-mentioned section.
- Section “Device”
- Identifier “Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller”
- Driver “i810”
- BusID “PCI:0:2:0”
- Now, insert the following codes before the EndSection.
- Option “MonitorLayout” “CRT,LFP”
- Option “Clone” “true”
- Option “DevicePresence” “true
- Once completed, save the file and exit the Terminal window.
- This will fix the display problem on your computer.
- To verify the connection, check if you can see the laptop screen on the projector.