- Connect Ubuntu Laptop To TV
How To Connect Ubuntu Laptop To TV
If you are searching for the right procedure to connect your Ubuntu laptop to your TV that has an HDMI port, you have reached the correct page to get it done. The methods for this connection are as follows.
Method 1: Using HDMI Cable
You can find the HDMI ports on all the latest smart and non-smart TVs.
- Initially, check if you have an HDMI cable.
- If not, get the HDMI cable supported by your TV from a trusted online store.
- Now, connect your Ubuntu laptop to the smart or non-smart TV using the HDMI cable.
Note: Make sure to turn off your devices while connecting the cable to them.
- Once the physical setup process has been completed, turn on both the devices.
- On your TV screen, you can see a message saying, Select, or Choose the Input type or option. Select the HDMI port correctly.
That’s it. Your Ubuntu laptop has been connected to the TV successfully.
Method 2: Using Chromecast
Chromecast is a portable device that lets you stream content over a wireless network. Before you begin this connection process, make sure that you have Chromecast. If not, you can try alternative devices like Xiaomi Mi Box S.
- On your Ubuntu laptop, open the Google Chrome web browser.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Select the Cast option.
- Now, make sure that your smart TV is connected to the same network to which the laptop is connected to.
- Under the Cast tab, you can find the devices that are available within your laptop range.
- Select your smart TV from the list.
- Connect both the devices together by following the on-screen instructions.