- Wifi in Ubuntu
How Connect WiFi in Ubuntu?
Usually, all laptops with a wireless adapter or card can be connected to a Wi-Fi network. To connect your Ubuntu device to the wireless network, first, you need to make sure that you have installed the required Wi-Fi driver on it. Once the driver file is installed, you can easily see how to connect Wifi in Ubuntu device.
The section below explains how to connect Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 16.04 computers to the Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect WiFi on Ubuntu 18.04
- Make sure that you have installed the Wi-Fi driver on your computer.
- If not, install the wireless driver file by following the instructions given below.
- Click the Search icon available on the taskbar.
- Type Additional Driver and select the relevant one driver from the search result.
- On the Software & Updates dialog box, click the Ubuntu Software tab.
- Select the Main Server option from the Download form drop-down if it is not selected.
- Now, go to the Additional Driver tab of the Software & Updates dialog box.
- Select the wireless driver file and click the Apply Changes button.
- Now, the wireless driver installation process will be initiated.
- Once it is completed, you can connect your Ubuntu computer over a wireless network.
- Click the Network icon on the taskbar.
- Select the Wireless option.
- From the list of wireless networks, select your network and enter its password.
- That’s it! Your Ubuntu computer has been connected to the Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect WiFi on Ubuntu 16.04
- Check if you have installed and see how to connect WiFi in Ubuntu device. If not, install it first.
- Once the wireless driver file is installed, you’re ready for the Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Open the System menu.
- Select the Wireless icon.
- Expand the Wi-Fi menu and click the Select Network option.
- Make sure that your wireless router/access point is turned ON.
- Now, select your network.
- Click the Connect button.
- When prompted, enter your network’s password.
- That’s it! Your Ubuntu 16.04 computer is now connected to the Wi-Fi network.
If you having any further queries regarding how to connect Wifi in Ubuntu computer. Click the call button available on the screen.