How To Create Recovery Partition In HP Laptop
Carry out these steps to create a recovery partition in an HP laptop
- On your HP laptop, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type ‘recovery manager’ in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- From the search result, click the Recovery Manager tab.
- If the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears, click the Yes button.
- Ensure that you are not connected to the Internet and close all the programs running on your HP laptop.
- In the Recovery Manager window, select either the Recovery Media Creation option or the Recovery Disc Creation option.
- When the Recovery Manager window displays the ’Welcome to Recovery Disc Creation’ message, click Next to proceed with the next step.
- If it shows the ‘Welcome to Recovery Media Creation’ message, click the Create recovery media using blank DVD(s) radio button and click Next.
- Insert a blank disc into the CD/DVD drive on your HP laptop.
- Close the disc tray and click the Next button.
- If the AutoPlay window pops-up, click the X icon to close the window.
- In the Recovery Manager window, click the Next button and wait until the process is finished.
- It will create and write the files to the disk and also it will verify the contents on the disc.
- Once the window displays the ‘disc creation was successful’ message, click Next to open the disc tray automatically.
- If you are asked to insert another disc, insert another empty disc in the tray.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompts and click the Finish button.
- You can also create a recovery media with the help of a USB flash drive.
- If you have difficulties in creating a recovery partition in your HP laptop, get remote assistance from our technical support team by clicking the Call button available on this screen.