How to Disable Antivirus Software on HP Laptop?
Every computer, irrespective of the manufacturer, has a built-in antivirus if it runs on the Windows 10 OS. The built-in application is so valuable and it helps in detecting the viruses on your computer. By default, you will always have the Windows Security or antivirus turned on.
In case you are planning to download or purchase an antivirus product, you need not worry because the Windows Security will be disabled by itself in the presence of a different antivirus. Here, to know how to disable antivirus software on HP laptop using below guidance.
Windows Security/Windows Defender Firewall:
- The steps to disable Windows Security on your HP laptop are given in the section below.
- Click the Windows icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the Search bar, type Settings and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Settings page will open. Now, click the Update & Security option.
- The Update & Security page will open and you have to click the Windows Security option on the left side of the pane.
- Scroll and click the Firewall & Network protection button on the right side of the page.
- Select the Public Network (active) option.
- Now you have to disable the option for Windows Defender Firewall. All you have to do is to click the slider to disable the option (the blue color will turn to grey).
- In case you are using any other third-party antivirus software like AVG, Norton, etc., the steps to disable the software is quite simple. Follow the steps given below.
- In the taskbar of your HP laptop, locate the AVG antivirus logo at the extreme right corner.
- Right-click on the logo and select the option Temporarily disable AVG protection.
- You can choose a time limit for the AVG antivirus software to be disabled on your HP laptop.
- Click OK to confirm your selection.
- Click the Close option to close the software.
- The temporarily disable antivirus software on HP laptop completed.
The Steps to disable the Norton antivirus is almost similar to that of the AVG antivirus.
- Right-click on the Norton antivirus software icon in the taskbar of the Windows desktop.
- Select the option Disable Auto-Protect.
- The Request window will open.
- Select a time limit for how long you want the antivirus application to be disabled.
- Click the OK button and close the software application.
- Open the Kaspersky antivirus software on your HP laptop.
- When the application window opens up, navigate to the settings option in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Click the Additional option located at the left side of the pane and select the Self-Defense option.
- You will find the checkbox enabled for the option Enable Self-Defense.
- Click the checkbox to disable it.
- Click the Continue button to confirm your selection.
- Close the Kaspersky application window.
- If not able to disable antivirus software on HP laptop, contact our experts.