- Touchpad on HP Laptop
How to Disable Touchpad on HP Laptop Windows 10?
The TouchPad is the cursor control device on laptops and is similar to the mouse used to select the controls on your PC. If you wish to disable touchpad on HP laptop Windows 10, refer to the quick steps given here.
- On your Windows 10 HP laptop, give a double-tap on the top-left corner of the TouchPad.
- An amber light will glow for a few seconds with some sound.
- Now, the TouchPad feature is disabled.
- If this feature is enabled, when you touch the TouchPad, it will be turned on.
- To disable the TouchPad feature, open the Settings window by pressing the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- Alternatively, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Next, click the Settings icon from the pop-up window.
- In the Settings window, click on Devices.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and click the Mouse tab to change your mouse settings.
- If you find this to be difficult, click the Start menu and type ‘mouse’ in the search panel.
- Press the Enter button to open the mouse settings.
- Next, click on Additional mouse options and navigate to the TouchPad tab.
- Deselect the Double Tap To Enable or Disable TouchPad checkbox and click the Apply button followed by OK.
- If this feature is not found in the Mouse Properties window, click on Settings to open Synaptics Control Panel and go to the Click tab.
- Deselect the Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad checkbox and click OK.
- On few HP laptop models, you can disable TouchPad by clicking the Touchpad tab in the Devices window and switching off the TouchPad button.
- It is recommended to disable the TouchPad device in the Device Manager window.
- To do so, open the Quick Access menu by pressing the Windows + X shortcut keys.
- Click on Device Manager and select the View tab.
- Click on Show hidden devices and expand ‘Human Interface devices’ in the left-side panel.
- Give a right-click on the touchpad and select Disable.
- Now, the disable touchpad on HP laptop Windows 10 process completed successfully.