How to Factory Reset HP Laptop?
If you encounter problems with your HP laptop, you can factory reset it to change all the settings to default. Ensure to backup your data before doing a factory reset on the HP laptop. Proceed with the guidelines given below to complete how to factory reset HP Laptop.
- First, back up the required data from the HP laptop to your hard drive or any other storage device.
- When you turn on your laptop, press the F11 key on your keyboard and hold it for a few seconds till you see the system recovery message.
- When the boot screen prompts up, click the Troubleshoot option.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, select Recovery Manager.
- You can also select the Reset this PC option and follow the prompts to perform a factory reset.
- Choose the System Recovery option from the list in the HP Recovery Manager window.
- Plug a hard drive to your laptop and back up your files and data.
- If you don’t want a backup for your files, select “Recover without backing up your files.” Click Next.
- Once the recovery process is complete, click Finish.
- Your laptop will now start to reboot.
- Once the rebooting process completes, enter the necessary information like region and language, and set up the laptop.
- To factory reset your HP laptop, type reset in the search box on Windows.
- Select the Reset this PC option from the list.
- On the recovery page, click the Get started tab.
- If you want the files on your laptop, select the Keep my files option.
- In case you have already backed up your files, select Remove everything.
- Click on the Reset button to factory reset the laptop.
- Once the process is complete, restart your laptop and configure it.