- Mac Address On Gateway Laptop
How To Find Mac Address on Gateway Laptop?
A Media Access Control (MAC) address is a unique identifier assigned to your computer’s Ethernet or wireless adapters. This address helps other computers to identify your computer in a network and send data to it. The Windows computers denote this Mac address as a Physical address.
The section below answers the following questions:
- Where can I find Mac Address on Gateway Laptop?
- What is the procedure to find the MAC address on my Gateway laptop?
- What is the format of MAC Address?
Locating or finding the Media Access Control (MAC) address on a Gateway laptop is very simple.
Where can I find MAC Address on my Gateway Laptop?
- You can find the MAC address on the Internet Protocol Configuration section.
- On this screen, look for the heading named Ethernet Adapter or Wireless LAN Adapter.
- Under this heading, you can find the MAC address of your Gateway laptop.
Format of the MAC Address?
- Usually, the MAC address contains a series of 12 digits.
- The 12-digit address uses the format mentioned below.
What is the procedure to find MAC address on Gateway laptop?
Follow the quick steps given below to find the MAC address on your Gateway laptop.
- First of all, enable the wireless adapter option on your Gateway laptop.
- To do it, press the F2 or F7 button while holding the Fn key.
- Now, the wireless adapter option will be enabled successfully on your Gateway laptop.
- Note: if you want to know the wired or Ethernet adapter’s MAC address alone, then you can skip this first step.
- After enabling the wireless adapter option, click the Start menu on your Gateway laptop.
- Select All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- In the cmd window, type the ipconfig /all command.
- Tap the Enter button.
- Go to the Ethernet Adapter or Wireless LAN Adapter section.
- You can find the 12-digit MAC address beside the Physical Address option.
- Note it down for future use.
- Now, you find Mac address on Gateway Laptop successfully.