Resolved: HP Laptop DNS Server not Responding Issue
If DNS is not responding or an error related to DNS displayed on your HP laptop, then perform the simple steps given below to resolve HP Laptop DNS Server not responding issue.
- Before you perform the troubleshooting steps to resolve the DNS error on your HP laptop, back up your router configuration details.
- If possible, update your router’ s firmware.
- After that, try to change the DNS server address manually by following the instructions given below.
- Make sure that your system is turned ON.
- Click Start –> Control Panel –> Network & Internet –> Network & Sharing Center –> Change adapter settings.
- Now, the Wireless Network Connection Properties dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Here, you can find the list of network adapters.
- Locate and select your Network adapter from the available list.
- Right-click on the selected Network adapter and choose Properties followed by the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option.
- Now, the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) dialog box will appear.
- Click the radio button beside the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Enter the 22.214.171.124 data in the Preferred DNS server text field.
- Similarly, type 126.96.36.199 in the Alternate DNS server field.
- After that, enable the Validate settings upon exit option and click the OK button.
- Now, re-configure your router settings with the same settings as mentioned above.
- After that, check if the DNS error is resolved on your HP laptop.
- If the above method does not resolve the HP Laptop DNS Server not responding issue, click the Call button available on this screen.