How To fix Hp Laptop Cooling Fan 902 Error?
The cooling fan (902) error on an HP laptop occurs when the laptop is powered on from a standby state. Let’s learn how to fix Hp Laptop Cooling Fan 902 Error by performing the necessary troubleshooting methods.
- On your HP laptop, open the default browser and go to the official HP site.
- Enter your product’s model number in the search field and press the Enter key.
- Click the Software and Drivers tab and click the Download button to download the latest BIOS version for your HP laptop.
- Save the downloaded file to a specific folder.
- Next, go to the saved folder and give a double-click on the downloaded file to run the installation process.
- Finish the installation by following the on-screen prompts.
- Once completed, reboot your HP laptop.
- Turn off your HP laptop and remove the connected cables and peripherals.
- Use canned air to clean the air vents of the HP laptop.
- It will improve the airflow and reduces the heat.
- Wait for the HP laptop to cool down.
- Connect the cable and peripherals back to the laptop and turn it on.
- Check if the cooling fan (902) error has been fixed.
- Reduce the usage of multiple applications at a single time on your HP laptop.
- Open the Task Manager and click the Startup tab to view the applications running during the startup.
- Close the running applications when you have finished working on it.
- Reduce the game resolution as well as the graphic settings.
- Use the HP laptop in a cool environment.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and enter “cool control” in the search panel.
- Select the HP Cool Control option from the displayed list and click the On radio button from the pop-up menu.
- Reboot your laptop and press the F10 key repeatedly to open the BIOS menu.
- Go to the System Configuration tab and select System Power Scheme.
- Change the System Power Scheme setting to Balance and press the F10 key to save the applied changes.
- Check if the cooling error (902) error reappears again.
- If the problem persists, perform a hard reset on your laptop to reset the recorded thermal values.
- If you don’t know how to fix Hp Laptop Cooling Fan 902 Error, get assistance from our technical experts by clicking the Call button provided below.