Resolved HP Laptop Windows Error Recovery
The reasons for the HP Laptop Windows Error Recovery are:
- Corrupted system files
- Any hardware changes
- Compromised Boot Configuration Data (BCD)
Perform any one of the methods mentioned on this web page to resolve the Windows error recovery problem on the HP laptop.
Method 1 – Removing recently added hardware
- After turning off your HP laptop, remove the Ac adapter and its battery.
- Detach the newly added hardware, place the battery, and power up the HP laptop.
- Check if the Windows error recovery problem is resolved.
- If so, you can reconnect the detached the hardware to the HP laptop.
- Still, if you see the Windows error recovery message on the HP laptop, perform the solutions provided here.
Method 2 – Booting into Last Known Good Configuration (LKGC)
- Try to restart the HP laptop.
- At the same time, press the F8 key until you see the Advanced Boot menu on the screen.
- Select the Last Known Good Configuration – advanced option and then press the Enter key.
Method 3 – Restoration
- Ensure that the HP laptop is turned off. Power up the HP laptop by pressing the Power button.
- Once the HP logo displays on the screen, press the F8 key repeatedly until you see the Startup window.
- After selecting the Safe Mode option, press the Enter key.
- Make sure to select the administrator user account. If prompted, enter the administrator password.
- On the main screen of the HP laptop, navigate to the Windows menu and enter ‘cmd’ without the single quotes.
- Once you see the Command Prompt dialog window on the screen, enter ‘rstrui’ without including the single quotes.
- This will launch the System Restore dialog window on the screen.
- Select the recent restore point and click the Next button followed by the Finish button.
- Wait patiently until the HP laptop boots up and then check if the Windows error recovery message appears on the screen.
- If so, proceed further.
Method 4 – Recovery
- Turn off the HP laptop to begin its recovery process.
- Now, press the Power button to power up the HP laptop.
- Press the F11 key repeatedly until the Choose an Option window appears on the screen.
- Select Troubleshoot -> Recovery Manager -> System Recovery .
- The Choose Your Keyboard Layout window will appear on the screen when you press the F11 key repeatedly.
- Select the options that are listed below.
- Troubleshoot -> Recovery Manager -> Windows 8 -> System Recovery or Minimized Image Recovery
Method 5 – Startup Repair
- If all the above-mentioned methods fail to resolve the Windows error recovery problem on the HP laptop, perform the instructions mentioned here.
- Place the Windows installation disc in the CD/DVD drive of the HP laptop.
- After restarting the HP laptop, the HP logo will display on the screen.
- Now, press the F9 key repeatedly until you see the ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD’ message on the screen.
- Choose your preferred language and select a favored keyboard/input method.
- Once you click the Next button, select the ‘Repair Your Computer’ option.
- When a new window opens, choose your drive and click the Next button.
- Click the Startup Repair button, select the System Restore option, and proceed with the steps that appear to complete the repair process on the HP laptop.
- If required, re-install the Operating System of the HP laptop.
- Click the Call button available on this web page for any queries. Our technical experts will help you in resolving the HP Laptop Windows Error Recovery message.