- Windows 7 Limited Access Error
How to fix Limited Access Wifi Windows 7?
Windows 7 users are now facing a new kind of error that only leads to limited access from WiFi. There are few reasons for limited access Wifi Windows 7 and those reasons are listed below:
- Missing Windows updates
- Damaged or outdated drivers
- Hardware or software problems
- Wrong network connection settings
- Router settings
- Boot in Networking and Safe Mode
Some troubleshooting methods to resolve the limited access issue on your Windows computer are given below.
Method 1: Win Troubleshooting
- Click the Start button.
- Select the Control Panel option from the Start option.
- The Control Panel window will open.
- Change the View By settings to Large Icons option.
- Locate and click the Troubleshooting option.
- Click the Network and Internet option.
- Select the Advanced settings option.
- Click the checkbox beside Apply Repairs Automatically, click the Next button.
- Click the option Troubleshoot my connection to the Internet.
- Follow the instructions and check for the problems.
- If you find any issues, Windows 7 will show you a list of actions you can choose from to get rid of the limited access Wifi Windows 7 error.
Method 2: Safe Mode
- Click the Start icon on the bottom left corner of the desktop window.
- Select the Settings option from the list.
- In the Settings window, click the Update & Security option.
- On the left pane of the Update & Security window, click the Recovery option.
- Navigate to Advanced setup and click the Restart Now button.
- Once the computer restarts, press the F4 button to run the Windows in Safe Mode.
Once the troubleshooting process is completed, restart your computer and you will be relieved from the limited access Wifi Windows 7 error.
Method 3: check Wi-Fi Adapter
- Check if the limited access error was due to the Wi-Fi adapter by following the steps given below.
- Click the Start icon.
- Search and open the Command Prompt window.
- You will now have to enter the command netsh wlan show drivers.
- Press the Enter button.
- The result will show the Line Hosted Network and you can check if it says Yes or No.
Method 4: Update Network Adapter
The outdated network adapter could also lead to the limited access issue on the Windows 7 computer
- Click the Start icon. Then, locate and click the Device Manager options.
- Select Network Adapters.
- Select and right-click on the Network Adapter and select the option Update Driver.
- Click the option Automatically search for updated driver software.
- Once the updated driver is installed, reboot the computer.
Now we have seen how to fix Limited Access Wifi Windows 7 error