Fix Broken Mouse Issue On A Laptop
How To Fix A Frozen Mouse On A Laptop?
The mouse on your laptop may get stuck or freeze in the middle of a work. If your laptop mouse is not frozen, consider the steps given below on how to fix a frozen mouse on a laptop.
Step 1: Enable Mouse
- Press the Fn key on your laptop, usually present between the Alt and Ctrl keys. Hold it for a few seconds until you complete the next step.
- Now, press the F7, F8, or F9 key and release the Fn key.
- If your laptop mouse is disabled, this shortcut will help you to enable the touchpad on your laptop.
- Check whether the touchpad is working by scrolling with your fingertip.
- If the touchpad is not working, press the Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Use the navigation keys on your laptop to scroll through the options.
- Select the Mouse icon and press the Enter key to open it.
- Navigate to the Settings tab and select the Enable option. This Information will clears you on how to fix a frozen mouse on a laptop.
Step 2: End task from Windows Task Manager
- Now, press the Alt+Ctrl+Delete keys together to open the Windows Task Manager window.
- Select the Touchpad software in the running Applications section.
- Use the Down-arrow key to select the option and press the E key to end the running process.
- Press and hold the Alt key and tap the F key to display the drop-down list from the File menu.
- Tap on the N key and type the name of the touchscreen program. Then, press the Enter key.
- Restart your laptop and check whether the touchpad works.
Step 3: Checking mouse properties
- If the issue is not resolved, press the Windows+R buttons together to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “main.cpl” in the Search section and press Enter.
In the Mouse Properties window, navigate to the Device Settings section.
- Select your touchpad device and tap Enable. Then, select Apply, followed by the OK button.
Now, your mouse should work as usual. If you need a remote assistance on how to fix a frozen mouse on a laptop, click the call button available on the screen.