- Home »
- Sound in Windows 7
How To Fix Sound On Computer Windows 7?
Most of the Windows 7 users undergo the ‘No Sound’ problem. If you are facing issues with the audio playback on your Windows 7 computer, carry out the steps that are given below how to fix sound on computer windows 7.
- Try restarting your computer and play an audio file to check if you hear any sound.
- You can find the Sound icon on the taskbar.
- If you have too many items on the tray, click the up-arrow icon and select the Sound icon.
- Now, make sure that sound is not muted.
- Right-click on the Sound icon and select Playback devices.
- Ensure that the audio device you are using has been selected.
- If it is not, choose the correct audio device and select Set Default. Then, click the OK button.
- Check if the issue is resolved by opening any MP3 or MP4 file.
- If you still can’t hear any sound, right-click on the Sound icon and select Playback devices.
- When the Sound window appears, click the Properties tab.
- Use this procedure how to fix sound on computer windows 7.
- Go to the Advanced section and choose a different audio quality. Then, click on the Test button.
- Now, play any music from your library and verify whether you could hear it. Then, click OK.
- If the issue is not yet resolved, right-click on My Computer on the home screen, and select the Manage option from the displayed list.
- Now, select the Device Manager tab from the left panel.
- Expand the ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ option by double-clicking on it.
- Select the audio driver and right-click on it. Then, select the Disable device option from the displayed list.
- Again, right-click on the audio driver and click the Enable device option.
- Restart your Windows computer and play an audio file.
- Check whether you can hear the audio.
- You can adjust the volume by selecting the Sound icon on the taskbar to fix the issue.
If you having any further queries regarding how to fix sound on computer windows 7. Click the call button available on the screen.