- Windows 10 Update Error
[FIXED] Windows 10 Update Error 0x80240fff Code
If the Windows update error 0x80240fff occurs on your computer, you won’t be able to complete the system update. If you are facing this issue, proceed with the steps that are given below to fix the Windows 10 Update Error 0x80240fff.
- Make sure that you are connected to an internet connection that is fast enough to perform the update.
- Try restarting your router and computer and update your operating system.
- Go to the Settings window and select Update & Security.
- Select the Windows Update tab and click Check for Updates.
- If you are still facing the update issue, then defer feature updates on your computer.
- Open the Settings window and navigate to Windows Update Settings.
- Now, click Advanced Options and select Defer Upgrades.
- Check whether the error appears again when you try to update your operating system.
- Open Settings and select the Update & Security section.
- Now, select the Troubleshoot tab and click on the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Complete the troubleshooting process by following the instructions on the screen and check whether the issue is resolved.
- If the error occurs again, try restarting the Background Intelligent Transfer Services.
- Press the Windows and R buttons together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc in the Search section and click on the OK button.
- When the Services window appears, locate the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) from the displayed list.
- Right-click on the service and select the Properties option.
- Go to the General tab and ensure that Automatic (Delayed Start) is selected.
- If it is not enabled, select it and click on the Apply button.
- Navigate to the Service status section. If it is stopped or paused, click on the Start button.
- Now, the Windows 10 Update Error 0x80240fff will be fixed and you can update your operating system.