- Black Screen Issues
How To Fix Windows 7 Black Screen?
The Black screen problem on your Windows 7 computer occurs due to various reasons such as corrupted graphics card driver, malware attack, and security update. It can be resolved with the help of troubleshooting methods. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to fix windows 7 black screen.
Method 1: Reinstall the graphics card driver
- On your Windows 7 computer, open the Task Manager window by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut keys.
- Click the Processes tab and give a right-click on the explorer.exe process.
- Select End Process and click the File tab followed by New Task to start a new task.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘explorer.exe’ and click the OK button.
- Next, click the Start menu at the bottom-left corner of the screen and type ‘device manager’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a double-click on the Device Manager tab.
- Go to the left-side panel and expand Display adapters.
- Give a right-click on the graphics card driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Finish the update process with the help of the on-screen prompts.
- This would fix the black screen problem on your Windows 7 computer.
- Use this procedure how to fix windows 7 black screen.
Method 2: System repair process
- First, reboot your Windows 7 computer and repeatedly press the F8 key until you enter the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose the Repair Your Computer option and press the Enter key.
- Now, log in with administrator rights.
- In the System Recovery Options window, select the Startup Repair option and wait until the scan is completed.
- If the Startup Repair process prompts you to perform a system restore, click the Restore button to restore your Windows computer to the created restore point.
- After completing the repair process, log in to your Windows computer with administrator rights.
- Follow these steps how to fix windows 7 black screen.
Method 3: Check the Windows Registry
- Open the Task Manager window and select the explorer.exe process from the displayed list.
- Give a right-click on it and select End Process.
- Next, create a new task by clicking the File tab followed by the New Task option.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘explorer.exe’ and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Start menu and type ‘Regedit’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a double-click on the Windows Registry Editor tab.
- Type the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon’ file path in the address bar.
- From the displayed list, select the WinLogon key and click on Shell at the right side of the window.
- Check whether the value of the Data column has been changed to explorer.exe.
- If not, input the value and click OK.
- Close the Windows Registry Editor and reboot your computer. This will fix the black screen problem.
- By using these above steps we can execute how to fix windows 7 black screen.