- Home »
- Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine
How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine?
Are you getting the ‘This copy of Windows is not genuine’ error on your Windows computer? Then probably there might be an update error. Carry out these below-mentioned steps on how to fix windows 7 not genuine.
Solution 1: Uninstalling the update
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Type ‘control panel’ in the search panel and press Enter.
- Give a double-click on the Control Panel app from the search result.
- Navigate to Windows Update and click on View installed updates available at the left-side panel.
- Locate the KB971033 update from the displayed list and give a right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu and remove the update from your device.
- Restart your computer and check if the problem has been resolved.
Solution 2: Using the Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP) command
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘rsop.msc’ in the text field and press the Enter key.
- Go to Windows Settings and select the Security system option followed by System services.
- Locate the Plug and play service and give a right-click on it.
- Select Startup from the pop-up menu and click on Automatic.
- Open the Run dialog box again and type ‘gpupdate/force’ in the text box.
- Press the Enter button and restart your Windows computer.
- This will fix the ‘This copy of Windows is not genuine’ error.
- By using these steps onhow to fix Windows 7 not genuine.
Solution 3: Using the SLMGR-REARM command
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu and type ‘cmd’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, give a right-click on the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘SLMGR-REARM’ and press the Enter key.
- If prompted, restart your Windows computer.
- This will reset the licensing status of the computer and resolve the problem.
Solution 4: Turning off updates
- Click the Start button and open the Windows Control Panel window.
- Select the Windows Update option and click on Install Updates Automatically.
- Select the Never check for updates (Not Recommended) option and click the Apply button.
- Restart your computer and check if the error has been resolved.
- If you having any further queries regarding how to fix Windows 7 not genuine. Click the call button available on the screen.