- Downgrade Windows 10
How to format HP Laptop Windows 10 to Windows 7?
Windows 10 offers plenty of upgraded features, but if you are comfortable with the simple Windows 7 version and want to return to the previous version, you can downgrade it.
Use the below steps to format HP laptop Windows 10 to Windows 7.
- Open the File Explorer on your computer, click This PC, and select Local Drive (C:).
- Search for the ‘Windows.old’ folder, and if you cannot find it, it means you have not updated your OS from Windows 7.
- Instead, you have wiped out the system completely and installed Windows 10.
- If you have updated your OS to Windows 10 from the old Windows 7 system, continue to read How to format HP laptop Windows 10 to Windows 7.
- On the desktop, click the Start icon and select the Settings icon.
- Now, choose Update and Security in the Settings window and click the Recovery menu on the left panel.
- You can find the ‘Go back to Windows 7’ option in the right panel.
- Click the Get Started button to start the downgrade setup.
- From the list of options, choose a reason for returning to the earlier version or type the reason and click Next.
- Read the instructions under ‘What you need to know’ and select Next.
- Click ‘Go back to Windows 7’, and wait until the process completes and the system restarts.
- If you are not able to format HP laptop Windows 10 to Windows 7, see that you back up your important files data to an external storage device.
- Get the Windows 7 installation CD/DVD and perform the recovery installation on the system.
- Overwrite the Windows 10 software and complete the process.