- Home »
- Install Antivirus In A Laptop Without A CD
How To Install Antivirus In Laptop Without Cd Drive?
Most of the laptops we use today are equipped with advanced security features. But, when you use a public network, the chance for a threat to get hold of your laptop is high. To protect your Laptop from online threats, viruses, spyware, and malware, some experts recommend using antivirus software. You can find lots of antivirus software available in the market. You can download one of these antivirus applications based on your requirement and OS type. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to install antivirus in laptop without CD drive.
I am a Mac OS user. Do I need an antivirus software on my computer?
- Usually, Mac laptops have a built-in security feature. These features are well enough to protect your computer from any kind of threat. But, if you wish to install an antivirus application on your Mac computer, then you can install the one that is compatible with your OS type.
- Note: Most of the antivirus applications available for the Mac computer are not real. Most of the application pretends to be protecting your device. But they don’t.
How to install antivirus software in Laptop without using the CD drive?
If your laptop does not have a CD drive, then you can try alternative ways to install the application.
- If you can connect your laptop to the Internet, then you can download the antivirus software directly from the Internet and install it on your laptop.
- If not, use a USB drive to install the application. Copy the installer file of the antivirus application to a USB drive. After that, insert the drive into the laptop and perform the installation process.
- Follow these steps we can execute that how to install Antivirus in Laptop without CD Drive.
Before you install the antivirus application on your Laptop, check some of the suggestions mentioned below.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the antivirus application that is compatible with your laptop.
- For Windows users: By default, the Windows Defender application will be enabled on your Laptop. So, while installing a third-party antivirus application on your Laptop, disable the Windows Defender application temporarily.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the antivirus application from its official site.
Install the antivirus application:
- Double-click on the antivirus application’s installer file.
- Now, a window guiding you to perform the installation process will appear on the screen.
- Follow the prompts displayed in the installation wizard.
- When prompted, enter your product’s activation code in the given field.
- If a window prompting you to install other software along with the antivirus program appears on the screen, then uncheck all boxes beside them and continue the application installation process.
- Once the antivirus application is installed, close the installation wizard.
- Now, open the installed antivirus application on your Laptop and run a virus scan.
- Note: Experts recommend to update the antivirus application after the installation process.
- By using these steps we can execute that how to install Antivirus in Laptop without CD Drive.